Imagine the most tender, flavorful juicy pork in your life smoked to perfection in under 30 minutes! This meal has legit become my favorite meal this year. It's impressive to cook for friends and family and simple enough for a quick busy weeknight dinner! This smoked pork tenderloin with a homemade chimichurri recipe will change your life.
STEP ONE : MAKE YOUR CHIMICHURRI
What is chimichurri? Chimichurri comes from Argentina. Its made with red wine, olive oil, garlic and parsley. Several cultures have dishes very similar with different oils and spices but full of parsley and fresh herbs. Here in the US we often make Chimichurri with a combination of herb, which is my favorite way too! You can change up the herbs to how you prefer also!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS CHIMICHURRI?
For this chimichurri recipe I'm substituting the red wine vinegar and olive oil for this delicious BRIANNAS Organic Red Wine Vinaigrette. It has a sweeter, deeper flavor and will marinate the pork loin with a stronger flavor. You will love it!
You will also need
HOW TO MAKE CHIMICHURRI RECIPE-
- pour the entire 10 oz bottle of BRIANNAS Red Wine Vinaigrette in blender or food processor.
- add chopped garlic, lime, and salt
- add fresh oregano
- add cilantro and parsley
- in your blender or food processor pulse the dressing until the herbs are minced but not blended completely.
HOW TO MARINATE PORK LOIN
I prefer using fresh pork tenderloin. Pork tenderloin usually comes in a pack with two loins. I usually cook both, but you can save one and part of the marinate for later in the week. Or freeze!
Now that your chimichurri is completed use half of the dressing to marinate the pork tenderloin in an air tight bag or container. Let marinate for 3-4 hours. I love using a red wine vinegar when marinating meat. It helps to not only flavor, but tenderize the meat. The oil from this vinaigrette will help keep in the juices while its cooking.
HOW TO SMOKE PORK TENDERLOIN
Faster smoking method
I prefer this method over slow smoking. The tenderloin still comes out perfectly! Lean meats tend to do better grilled or cooked quickly over high heat. Preheat your smoker to 400. When its heated cook each side for 6-8 minutes. If you want a slightly pink middle cook for 6 minutes. For a well-done pork tenderloin cook for 8 minutes
Preheat smoker to 225 and cook pork loin until it reaches internal temp of 145. It will take about 2-3 hours.
Let Chimichurri Pork Tenderloin Rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
HOW TO SERVE PORK TENDERLOIN
Thinly slice your pork tenderloin and drizzle more fresh chimichurri dressing over the pork. I love to reserve some chimichurri dressing for others to add additional sauce to their personal preference. I also love to dip my veggies and potatoes into this delicious fresh sauce.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SMOKED PORK LOIN?
Some of my favorite side dishes to serve this meal with is fresh grilled veggies or roasted potatoes! They also pair so well with the extra chimichurri dressing!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Smoked Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri
- 1 10oz bottle of BRIANNAS Red Wine Vinaigerette
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup oregano
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pork tenderloin
Chimichurri Sauce and marinade
- In blender or food processor combine all ingredients except pork, and pulse until herbs are finely chopped. You dont want this blended into a smooth dressing, you still want it pretty choppy. If desired you can finely chop all herbs by hand and combine too.
How so smoke tenderloin
- pour half the marinade and pork tenderloin into an air tight container and let marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Faster smoking methodI prefer this method over slow smoking. The tenderloin still comes out perfectly! Lean meats tend to do better grilled or cooked quickly over high heat. Preheat your smoker to 400. When its heated cook each side for 6-8 minutes. If you want a slightly pink middle cook for 6 minutes. For a well done pork tenderloin for 8 minutesSlow SmokingPreheat smoker to 225 and cook pork loin until it reaches internal temp of 145. It will take about 2-3 hours.
- When tenderloin reaches its internal temp allow to rest for 20 minutes, slice thin and serve with additional chimichurri sauce!