This cake is hands down one of my favorite desserts. My mom made this growing up and I’ve continued to make it as an adult. I’ve served this time and time again and have yet to meet someone who didn’t ADORE this cake. It is the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
The cake is dense, served cold, and moist! It’s one of those desserts that you just want to keep eating and eating and eating.
You make the cake in a jelly roll pan – the large 11×16 baking sheets with a lip that you can sometimes find at Costco. I love these pans, use them for everything! I bake cookies on them, roast potatoes on them, make pumpkin cake in them, and make this delicious cake in them!
So start off by liberally spraying your jelly roll pan with non-stick spray. I really like the Pam for baking spray. It has a touch of flour that is perfect for baking.
Next prepare your cake (recipe below.) I LOVE making cake mixes in my blendtec! Especially cupcakes! Pouring straight from the jar makes them so simples.
Once the cake is baed, let the cake cool completely and then frost with your cream cheese/sweetened condensed milk/lemon frosting. I like to pop it in the fridege after I frost it, just to let the frosting firm up a bit before I add the final touch!
I use the boxed Danish Dessert – it can be sometimes hard to find, but my local Kroger (Fred Meyer here in WA) had them near the pudding mix.
Next prepare your raspberry glaze by making up a batch of raspberry danish dessert and adding a bag of frozen raspberries. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour the glaze on top and smooth with a spatula.
Cover and chill in the fridge until served.
Check out all the products I used to create this recipe:
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 box raspberry danish dessert
- 1 small bag frozen raspberries
- Prepare cake by adding cake mix, water, sour cream, oil, and eggs to a stand mixer. Mix on low for 30 seconds, and then on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to prepared jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until golden. Do not overcook.
- Let cake cool completely.
- In stand mixer combine cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cake.
- Combine raspberry danish dessert mix and 3/4 cup water in a heavy sauce pan. Heat over high heat and stir constantly just until thickened.
- Transfer to a blender and add 1 bag frozen raspberry. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over cream cheese layer and spread with a spatula.
- Cover and chill until served.