This is a recipe submission from our dear friend Christy. Her and her husband made it last week for the annual trunk or treat. Not only did they love its tastiness but they loved how easy it was…and so did the crowd! It was a hit at the party. They really wanted to share it! In fact when Geoff (Christy’s husband) described how it was made he waved his hands in the air and said “its so easy you just add a little bleep and a little bloop. a touch of magic and boom!” haha I had a good laugh.
They made a second batch that night and brought it over for me to eat, eh-hem, photograph.
I hope you have liked slow cooker week as much as I did!
- 2 lbs Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 can Kidney Beans drained
- 1 can Sloppy Joe sauce
- 1 packet Lipton onion beef packet
- 1 tsp Onion Powder (or one chopped onion)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (or 1 tsp fresh garlic)
- additional toppings:
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic until cooked
- Add beef mixture to slow cooker, and remaining ingredients
- Cook in slow cooker for 3-6 hours
- Add toppings as desired
PRESSURE COOKER: Turn on pot and brown meat in pot. Add remaining ingredients, lock lid, set to soup setting and cook for 30 minutes with quick release.