Call me crazy, but I love this salad the next day. When the cabbage and noodles have a some time to soak up the tangy dressing…oh it’s good! Cabbage is different then lettuce in that it doesn’t wilt as easily and has a sturdy leaf. It doesn’t get soggy after sitting in a dressing. If you are one of those mason salad jar addicts, then this is a good one for you! Scale the proportions down and you have a great ready-to-go salad!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RAMEN NOODLE CABBAGE SALAD
- If you don’t have almonds try using walnuts, hazelnuts or pinenuts
- This is a great salad for using up leftover veg, try shredded carrots, zucchini or cauliflower
- Try adding shredded meat such as chicken or beef
- You can add fresh herbs or dried spices to adapt the flavor to your liking
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THIS RAMEN NOODLE SALAD
- Cabbage! Can you use bagged pre-shredded cabbage? YES! It’s a nice quick short cut, I still prefer to cut my own as I feel it is crispier and stays crispier. It can hold up to the dressing better.
- Ramen noodles + seasoning. My favorite flavor is beef to use for this! but Chicken and pork also work.
- Slivered Almonds
- Green onions
- Dressing- see below
HOW TO MAKE THE RAMEN NOODLE SALAD DRESSING
The key ingredient for the ramen noodle salad dressing is the rice vinegar. It has a particular taste and tang that other vinegars do not. Mixed with soy sauce, a little bit of sugar and oil.
This is so easy, it doesn’t even deserve its own paragraph. Simply whisk alllll the ingredients together until they are well blended. whisk fast. ;)
TOASTING THE RAMEN AND ALMONDS
This step CANNOT be skipped! In a fry pan melt butter. Chop up your ramen noodles, and stir them into the butter. Add almonds, green onions and good on med-high heat until the ramen noodles begin to brown.
Add in the seasoning packets.
Slice cabbage nice and thin.
Add Ramen mixture to the cabbage
Now pour the delicious dressing over the salad.
Now toss everything together, and let all the flavors combine and soak each other up.
Let the salad chill, covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
Tell me about it!
Try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
Easy and Delicious Oriental Cabbage Salad
- 1/4 C butter
- 2 packages beef Ramen Noodles
- 1 C chopped green onions
- 1/2 C sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 small head of cabbage (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 C Sesame Seed oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C rice vinegar
- Crush ramen noodles and brown in butter with the almonds and green onions. Add in the beef seasoning packages at the end and stir to combine.
- Thinly shredded your cabbage. (A short cut is to by a bag of shredded cabbage)
- Toss salad dressing, cabbage and noodle mixture together. Serve!
You can substitute bagged cabbage for a head of cabbage.
You can use Chicken, Beef or Pork flavored ramen noodles.