Oriental Cabbage salad is a favorite around our house. I personally love the crunch of the cabbage and the sweet tangy dressing. This is one of my classic go-to salads for barbecues or parties- it is such a crowd pleaser. I always get asked for the recipe, so here it is! I feel like this salad has been around the block a few times, most of my friends have had it and have a variation of the salad they love. Some add chicken (which I love), some add in more veggies like shredded carrots. There are a million ways to make this salad your own.
Tips For Making This Cabbage Salad;
- If you don’t have almonds try using walnuts, hazelnuts or pinenuts
- This is a great salad for using up leftover veg, try shredded carrots, zucchini or cauliflower
- Try adding shredded meat such as chicken or beef
- You can add fresh herbs or dried spices to adapt the flavor to your liking
If you tried this Oriental Cabbage Salad or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Easy and Delicious Oriental Cabbage Salad
- 1/4 C butter
- 2 packages beef Ramen Noodles
- 1 C chopped green onions
- 1/2 C sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1/2 C Sesame Seed oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C rice vinegar
- Crush ramen noodles and brown in butter with the almonds and green onions. Add in the beef seasoning packages at the end and stir to combine.
- Thinly shredded your cabbage. (A short cut is to by a bag of shredded cabbage)
- Toss salad dressing, cabbage and noodle mixture together. Serve!