Grandma’s Secret To Delicious Chili
Load Your Chili With Toppings
Crunchmaster crackers are made with California rice, seeds, and other delicious ingredients that fuse flavors of the East and the West for a really yummy snack that curbs cravings and helps keep me on track with some healthy habits. Earlier this year I started reducing gluten in my diet. I suffer from an autoimmune disease and reducing inflammatory foods really helps keep my disease under control. I love that I have a go-to in my pantry that fits that requirement. I’ll be honest, I’m not perfect about it, but Crunchmaster is definitely helped me in this new beginning.
Pressure Cooker and Slow Cooker Friendly
This chili recipe can be made in a slow cooker, or a pressure cooker – whichever you’re in the mood for. Below I have a little how-to video of making this soup in the pressure cooker. The recipe is simple and perfect results can be achieved by even beginner cooks.
- 2 LB lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 15 oz cans of chili beans in mild sauce
- 1 cup (give or take) tomato juice - more or less depending on how thick you prefer your chili
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp flour
- Brown your beef along with the onion until cooked through.
- Drain the fat and transfer to a 5 qt crock pot.
- Add chili beans, along with liquids in the can.
- Add tomato juice
- Add remaining seasonings
- Cook on high for 1 hour and then turn to low for 4 hours. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Serve with saltine crackers, cheese, sour cream, onions, bacon or whatever else you like on your chili.