I can promise you this will be your new favorite cornbread! Not just because its crazy easy to make but because it is sooo good! This easy cornbread recipe is fluffy, moist and has a delicious sweet flavor. Perfect for feeding a crowd or cozying up with a bowl of chili on a busy weeknight.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CORNBREAD
I like to call recipes like this semi homemade. It will taste homemade, you’re baking at home but using two box mixes to make it so all the complicated measuring is taken out. It’s basically fail-proof.
To make this semi-homemade cornbread combine a box of jiffy and a box of your favorite yellow cake mix.
HOW DO I COMBINE THE INGREDIENTS FROM THE MIXES?
On the back of each box is a list of ingredients you need to make that mix. In a large bowl pour in both mixes. Add the ingredients listed on the back of each box. This usually includes
Mix throughly all the ingredients until it is a smooth batter.
HOW TO BAKE SWEET CORNBREAD
Because we combined to mixes you will have a lot of batter! Use a cake sheet pan to bake. Make sure you lightly spray it with a non-stick spray.
Bake your cornbread until it is golden brown, about 30 minutes. You can see how perfectly soft and fluffy it is in this photo!
WHAT DO I SERVE CORNBREAD WITH!
Top you cornbread with butter and honey. As for sides-of course cornbread is known to be paired with chili :) and I highly recommend it. Here are some of my favorite chili recipes
LEAVE US A COMMENT!
If you tried this Sweet Cornbread or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Sweet Easy Cornbread
- 1 Jiffy Box of Cornbread muffin mix
- 1 Yellow Cake mix
- ingredients on box side- each yellow cake mix can vary so I cannot write them here, but you will probably need eggs, milk, water, oil.
- Combine mixes. On back or side of box mixes are ingredients needed for each recipe. Add ingredients from both box ingredient lists and stir till combined.
- Pour into greased sheet cake pan.
- Cook in oven 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. When edges are slightly golden brown.
- Serve warm with honey + butter