My Mom made us this cobbler as kids. It was always a special treat! This dessert isn’t pretty, it doesn’t make for a beautiful food photo…but your mouth will be oh so happy when you spoon it in! This dessert is rustic, gooey, and delicious.
One of the things I love about this dessert is that it is simple, and you can customize it to fit the season. This dessert is perfect year round!
Try apple cobbler in the fall, peach cobbler in the summer, cherry cobbler in the winter…even pumpkin around Thanksgiving time. You can use ANY flavor of pie filling you like as a base. Here I used peach simply because that was what I had in my pantry.
Serve this dessert hot with a scoop of ice cream. The ice cream will melt into the cobbler and turn to perfection.
Here’s how easy this recipe is:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 qt pie filling (any flavor)
- Spray a 9x13 cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix butter, milk, bisquick, and sugar until smooth - pour into pan.
- Top with pie filling, which will sink to the bottom while baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Serve warm. This is great with a scoop of ice cream!
- Whatever you do DO NOT DOUBLE this recipe!