Easy Lemon Bars are something I remember as being a "grown-up" dessert when I was a kid. My mom would make them occasionally and I don't remember particularly liking them. Funny how as you grow up so does your taste.
I Love Lemon Desserts!
Now that I'm an adult I love lemon desserts - and lemon bars are at the top of the list! But I also love lemon cookies, trifles with lemon filling. It's on my to-do list to put my lemon curd recipe on the blog, because it's a favorite as well.
Start With A Shortbread Crust
A shortbread crust is a must, and it is so simple to make. Shortbread is only a few ingredients:
- Powdered Sugar
A Tart Filling
After you've made your crust, you need to top it with a a delicious and tart filling. Use fresh lemons and zest for the yummiest lemon bars. All you need for your filling is:
Make sure you let your lemon bars cool before serving. I love them chilled in the fridge. There is something about a cold lemon bar that is irresistible.
Easy Lemon Bars Always A Hit
I promise these will be gobbled up the next time you make them. And when you do, come back and leave me a comment and let me know how much you love them. We love to hear from you guys!
Easy Lemon Bars
Easy lemon bars are always a crowd pleaser. With an easy shortbread crust and a tart and tangy filling they will always hit the spot.Print Rate
Servings: 18 servings
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- zest from 2 lemons
- juice of 4 lemons
- ⅓ cup flour
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Liberally spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or your kitchen air paddle attachment, blend in the butter until is resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press mixture into the bottom of you pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- With a hand or stand mixer mix the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and flour until well combined.
- Pour over hot crust and return to oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Let completely cool on wire rack.
- Cut into squares, sprinkle with powdered sugar and refrigerate in a covered container.
Serving: 1square | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 33mg | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.9mg