I Love Lemon Desserts!
Start With A Shortbread Crust
- Powdered Sugar
A Tart Filling
Easy Lemon Bars Always A Hit
Easy lemon bars are always a crowd pleaser. With an easy shortbread crust and a tart and tangy filling they will always hit the spot.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- zest from 2 lemons
- juice of 4 lemons
- 1/3 cup flour
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Liberally spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or your kitchen air paddle attachment, blend in the butter until is resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press mixture into the bottom of you pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- With a hand or stand mixer mix the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and flour until well combined.
- Pour over hot crust and return to oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Let completely cool on wire rack.
- Cut into squares, sprinkle with powdered sugar and refrigerate in a covered container.