This lemon cookies recipe are on loan from a friend. At their house they call them call them crack cookies. is that too harsh of a thing to say here? They call them this because they are so good they are severely addicting. Just the glaze itself you could bathe in. no joke.
How to make healthy lemon cookies
If you want to make a little healthier option with these cookies try substituting the oil for greek yogurt! I’ve noted the measurements down in the recipe card. You honestly can’t taste the difference! They’re nice and fluffy!
Easy lemon cookies
The base is a lemon cake mix! this makes making these cookies so easy!
The dough is really sticky. So you can do two options
- You can scoop and ploop (which makes for a rough cookie)
- You can roll them to cute sugars. This is pictured below. Using powder sugar powder your hands before you grab the dough. roll and evenly place on a cookie sheet.
I love using these parchment sheet for the cookies!
Bake the cookies and rest on a cooling rack. These cookies are a little delicate you don’t want them to overcook.
How to make the Lemon Glaze
The glaze is my favorite part. I could legit drink the entire bowl.
Mix the water, oil, powder sugar, and all the lemon goodness.
Do NOT leave out the oil on this part. The oil is what helps the glaze to have a nice soft crisp shell.
Use a spoon or drizzle it on with a frosting bag. How ever you do it, just be generous. VERY generous.
If youre a lemon lover than stay tuned all week because we have many more coming drinks, savory and sweet!@
Soft, delicious yogurt cookies
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or 1/3 cup oil
- about 1/2-1 cup powder sugar
- 2 cup powder sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS oil
- 1 1/2 TBS water
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1 lemon about 1/4 cup
- Mix cookie ingredients. Powder hands and surface with powder sugar to keep dough from sticking too much on your hands.
- Roll into uniform balls.
- press balls down into a flat circle.
bake at 375 for about 6-8 minutes.
- mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Place in a ziplock bag and cut a tiny tip of the bag off.
- Squeeze over cookies.