Tortellini + salty season sausage + all the veggie minestrone = possibly the best fall soup you will make this year. Of course I love this soup for all its flavors, its fresh veggies but I especially love how simple and fast it is to whip up this tortellini minestrone!!
What you need to make this tortellini minestrone soup you’ll need a few different things!
- Fresh tortellini
- fresh veggies
- a few canned items- beans, tomatoes and broth!
How to make tortellini minestrone
In a large stock pot brown your sausage, onion and garlic together.
Once the sausage is brown add your veggies (but not the spinach!!), beans and tomatoes!
Follow with adding your broth. Bring it to a bowl and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
Add in the tortellini and let it boil for the amount of time the package directions call for. Usually about 7 minutes.
When pasta is done stir in spinach. It will cook very quickly. Your soup will be ready to serve!
Garnish with lots of fresh parmesan cheese!
Minestrone With or Without Meat
Traditionally minestrone is a soup served sans meat. The sausage in this soup is pretty essential because sausage is made with many extra herbs and spices that adds a whole other dimension to this tortellini minestrone soup! If you are vegetarian or want to choose to stick to a traditional minestrone with the tortellini you can skip the sausage and just saute the onion and garlic. Make sure you add extra salt for flavor.
Keep In Touch
Please let me know if you make this tortellini minestrone soup!! I love to hear from those who make my recipes. If you want to keep up with our newest recipes, make sure you follow is on Facebook and Instagram, and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
Warm tortillini minestrone soup with fresh healthy vegetables, salty herb sausage. Perfect fall family soup.
- 1 container of 3 Cheese Tortellini refrigerated pasta
- 1 lb. ground mild Italian Sausage
- 1 small Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 32 oz. Boxes of Chicken Broth
- 1 Zucchini cut into bit size pieces
- 1 Yellow Squash. cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can Italian Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Handful of Spinach
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Basil chiffonade
- In a large stockpot, sauté sausage, onion, and garlic until sausage is cooked through.
- Add in Broth, water, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, beans and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- When zucchini is starting to soften add in Tortellini.
- Cook pasta according to directions, if the pasta requires more than 3-5 minutes of cooking, add in earlier.
- When pasta is cooked, add in spinach and stir. Spinach will cook quickly.
- Serve warm garnished with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Be careful not to let the tortellini over cook. After the tortellini has cooked for it's time (about 7 minutes) stir in the spinach and remove from heat.