Calling all arugula lovers!! This salad is 100% for you. It’s healthy, delicious and full of fresh flavors. This arugula salad with lemon and feta cheese is easy salad that will impress everyone! We are adding a new twist to it that will make it ever so much better.
This post is sponsored by Silgan Summer is Inside Salad Ready Tomato Wedges. Recipe and opinions are our own.
Ingredients for this arugula salad
The beauty of this salad is it uses its natural organic flavors to blend with each other and make all the flavor! So it doesn’t take much.
- We are using these amazing Salad Ready Tri-Color Tomato Wedges. They are packed in olive oil and savory Italian spices. When you add these to ANY salad they make the flavor points go up 100 times. I love that the olive oil adds a dressing while the herbs bring a homey seasoning. You can find the embossed red tomato can in the canned tomato aisle of your local grocery store, including Walmart.
3. Purple Onion
4. Creamy ripe avocado
5. of course! Arugula! Arugula and Lemon are MFEO (made for each other) The citrus of the lemon cancels out any bitterness of the arugula. They are PERFECT!.
What can I use instead of arugula?
If you are set against using arugula you can totally swap it out for a mixed green! Even dark green romaine lettuce if you want.
6. Feta Cheese! I love feta because its a mild soft cheese that gives you just enough creaminess and flavor to put this salad over the top.
What can I use instead of feta cheese?
Use any soft cheese! Blue cheese, goat cheese all will work…. ok what if you dont like ANY soft cheese? Try a freshly grated parmesan cheese or swiss cheese!
7. SEASONING! you can use this salad supreme to add some salty goodness to your salad. You can find it just in the spice aisle of your grocery store.
What can I substitute Salad Supreme with?
Salad supreme is essentially a mixture of celery salt, onion salt, garlic salt, paprika, romano cheese, sesame seeds and poppyseeds. So if you prefer to make your spices at home, or cannot find it in the store. Add 1/2 tsp of each of these ingredients together in bowl and stir. Shake it on as desired.
How to assemble the salad!
I love to start by adding the arugula and tossing it with a big fresh squeeze of lemon juice. Add in the salad ready tomatoes and toss again letting the olive oil and herbs cover all the salad. Now top with all the remaining ingredients! It’s as easy as that!
Mouth watering arugula and lemon salad with herb tomatoes, creamy avocado and lemon.
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/4 C Feta Cheese
- 1 Lemon squeezed
- 1 can Summer Is Inside Salad Ready Tri-Color Tomato Wedges
- 1 Avocado
- McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Drain tomatoes from olive oil.
Start with Arugula, lemon and tomatoes. Toss together so arugula coated in seasonings. Follow with thinly sliced red onion.
Sprinkle on feta cheese.
Give a few vigorous shakes of your Salad Seasoning.
Top with avocado. Add more lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
A mouth watering lovely vibrant salad.. lean and your going to love! I find the McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning in the spices section of my grocer.