TRUUUST me. You are going to love this cozy italian vegetable goodness for this fall soup season. Loaded with veggies, delicious noodles and warm savory broth. You can make this on the stove top or, for a fast and easy method try instant pot minestone soup!
WAYS TO MAKE THIS SOUP
You can make this on the stove top in a large pan, most the photos will demonstrate this since there are more steps to it, where as there are less steps for the Instant Pot method. Both instructions will be listed in the post and the recipe card!
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE MINESTRONE SOUP
You will need
- INSTANT POT METHOD: an 6 or 8 qt pressure cooker
- STOVE TOP METHOD: a large dutch oven or stock pot
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT MINESTRONE
For a classic minestrone recipe you will need:
- olive oil
- green beans
- uncooked noodles
- canned diced tomatoes
- canned beans
WHAT KIND OF BEANS DO I USE?
For classic minestrone you use red beans and awhile beans, but if you want to sub for your favorite beans you 100% can!
Strain the liquid from the canned beans then rinse.
STEP ONE: CHOP YOUR VEGGIES.
Do it all at once, just chop and get them prepped to be dumped!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT MINESTRONE
- Turn your instant pot to saute mode (if on the stove top turn to med-high heat). Add your olive oil.
- saute your onions and garlic for a couple of minutes
- add your celery, zucchini and green beans.
Saute these veggies until the onions are translucent and soft.
- add in your broth
add the remaining veggies, seasonings and canned tomatoes.
Then add 1 cup uncooked noodles.
HOW LONG DO I COOK MINESTRONE IN INSTANT POT
Turn off saute mode and place lid on sealed. Pressure cook, high, for 2 minutes. Then quick release when done.
HOW LONG DO I COOK MINESTRONE ON THE STOVE TOP?
If you are cooking on the stove top bring your soup to a boil, place the lid on and turn down to low. You will want to simmer it for about 20 minutes.
WHAT TOPPINGS CAN I ADD?
Minestone is wonderful with a little fresh parmesan on top! You can also top with crunchy croutons or serve with a side of buttery bread!
CAN I ADD MEAT TO MY MINESTRONE?
OF COURSE! If you want to add a little meat to your minestone I recommend cooking 1lb of lean ground beef or 1 lb lean ground turkey with your onions at the beginning. Then continue to add remaining ingredients as instructed.
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVERS?
Store your minestone in the refrigerator in an air tight container. It will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks. When reheating, only reheat the portion that will be eaten.
CAN I FREEZE SOUP?
Yes! I love to freeze it in portions. A good way to do this is to freeze in plastic cups. Once frozen cut off the cup and place all the soups into one large bag. When ready to eat you can pop it in a bowl right into the microwave or the stove top.
WANT SOME OTHER SOUP RECIPES?
Keep In Touch
Please let me know if you make this delicious Minestrone Soup! I love to hear from those who make my recipes. If you want to keep up with our newest recipes, make sure you follow is on Facebook and Instagram, and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup minced white onion about 1 sm onion
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 1 cup frozen Italian cut green beans
- ¼ cup celery minced (about ½ stalk)
- 4 teaspoon minced garlic about 4 cloves
- 4 cup vegetable broth (32 oz)
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 15 ounces small white beans, drained
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cup carrots chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon oregano – dried
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper – ground black
- ½ teaspoon basil – dried
- ¼ teaspoon thyme – dried
- 3 cup hot water
- 2-4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup small shell pasta uncooked
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Turn the instant pot to saute mode. Sauté onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in oil for 5 min or until onion begins to turn translucent
- Add vegetable broth to pot. Add canned tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices. Add spinach leaves and pasta. Cook for 2 minutes on high pressure. Quick release when done.
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
- Heat olive oil over med heat in large soup pot
- Sauté onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in oil for 5 min or until onion begins to turn translucent
- Add vegetable broth to pot
- Add canned tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices
- Bring soup to boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer 20 min
- Add spinach leaves and pasta—simmer 20 min (or until tender and done)
- *please, pretty please, top with croutons