This cheddar cauliflower soup one of my favorite of all time. The thing is, is that is come from a restaurant in another state far away from me, and it has become so popular in that state, in that restaurant, that it’s way over priced! I can’t bring myself to even go there and buy it in its tiny bowl any more.
Despite all the copy-cat recipes for Zupas Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup, I haven’t made one and thought- “YES! that is it,” until I made my own adjustments. In all honestly maybe I have just forgotten their soup over the years and reinvented my own. Maybe my own doesn’t taste like Zupas but tastes BETTER than Zupas. Thats what I’d like to think. That’s what my husband tells me :)
How to make Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
Here below is your ingredients list. It’s pretty simple. My biggest tip is use good flavorful broth (I recommend bullion like knorrs chicken, or bone broth) and SHARP cheddar cheese.
My second tip is: NEVER BOIL after the milk has been added. You will need to bring the temp back up and simmer the cauliflower for about 10-15 min to let the cauliflower soften and cook. But do not let that milk boil.
Third: BLEND! blend it so its nice creamy.
Stir in all the cheeses and dish it out immediately! I love to serve it with a fresh baguette and more cheese on top. The beautiful think about this soup is it is so filling. A green salad, a small piece of bread and this soup will have your tummy so full and satisfied.
I also love that has a full head of cauliflower in it, and my kids are none the wiser. Sharp cheddar paired with the milk and cauliflower gives it a nice cheesy mild cheddar flavor and my kids feel like they are dipping their bread in fondue not veggies.
Watch this video to see just exactly how to make the soup! So easy right?
Looking for some other easy soups! Pressure cooker?! Slow-cooker, Blender style like this one! we have many.
A creamy cauliflower soup that will fool the pickiest of eaters.
- 1 small onion
- 4 TBS butter
- 3 T Flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 head of cauliflower cut up
- 1 tsp honey dijon mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups SHARP cheddar cheese
- 1 can chicken or veggie broth
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Roughly chop onions, and in butter sauté the onion and garlic till onions are starting to get tender. Add flour, and let bubble for 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk and broth. Stir in mustard.
- Add Cauliflower and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Blend in blender, still smooth and return to plan.
- On med-low heat add cheese and allow to slowly melt.
- Serve immediately with french bread.