Smooth cream cheese, fresh pesto, bright tomato and creamy mozzarella come together in a dip that will bring your guests coming back for more. Use crackers of chips to dip into they Cream Cheese Pesto Dip.
What is Cream Cheese Pesto Dip?
This dip is a warm dip that consists of cream cheese, pesto, fresh tomatoes, and shredded cheese. You bake it in the oven and serve it warm. You can use chips or crackers as the dippers.
Traditional pesto sauce, with its combination of olive oil, pine nuts, fresh basil, garlic and Parmesan cheese, which makes for a very flavorful dip when combined with the other ingredients.
What Do I Need To Make Cream Cheese Pesto Dip?
I really love recipes that are simple, have minimal ingredients, but pack a big punch of flavor. And that is what this cream cheese pesto spread it. You'll need:
- cream cheese
- pesto - if you want a fun twist, make up this homemade spinach pesto recipe to use.
- Roma tomatoes
- shredded mozzarella
How Do I Make This Pesto Dip?
- In a casserole dish or cast iron skillet, spread cream cheese.
- Layer pesto.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
What Kind Of Dish Should It in?
You can use a casserole dish, or a cast iron skillet. Any oven-proof dish will work. Here I used a small casserole dish, but I've made it in a cast iron skillet many times. Both presentations are beautiful.
What Should I Serve Cream Cheese Dip With?
This dip is warm and melty with a burst of flavor. You can serve it with crackers or chips. Here I've plated it with some fresh fruit and meats. I think it makes for a lovely presentation with a little bit of something for everyone.
Do You Have Other Dip Recommendations?
Yes! Check out our
DON’T BE SHY!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Cream Cheese Pesto Spread
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 7 ounces pesto
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small baking dish, spread cream cheese in the bottom.
- Top with pesto and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top of the pesto.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until shredded cheese is melted.
- Serve with crackers or chips.