Do you need a fast, easy, yummy cookie recipe to make before Santa arrives to an empty plate? Well I have the perfect recipe for you. These chocolate cookies are such a cinch to whip up and you make them in your waffle iron!
My mom used to make these when I was a kid and we adored them. My 3 year old helped me make up this batch and loved waiting patiently for the waffle iron to bake these cookies.
These cookies are soft and chocolatey and and the icing is the perfect finishing touch. My boys begged and begged for more and more after we make up a batch. And Santa will for sure be so so satisfied to find these on Christmas Eve ;)
few lot more fabulous cookie recipes click HERE.
Delicious and easy chocolate waffle cookies
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Using a hand or stand mixer combine butter and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add sugar, flour, cocoa, and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick spray.
- Drop batter by the tsp onto waffle iron about 2 inches apart.
- Close waffle iron and cooke for 1 to 1.5 minutes.
- Remove from iron and transfer to a cooling wrack. Let cook completely.
- Using a hand or stand mixer whip butter.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spread or pipe frosting on to cooled cookies.
- Store in an airtight container