Do you need a fast, easy, yummy cookie recipe to make before Santa arrives to an empty plate? Well I have the perfect recipe for you. These chocolate waffle cookies are such a cinch to whip up and you make them in your waffle iron!
What Is A Chocolate Waffle Cookie?
A waffle cookie is a cookie that is cooked in your waffle iron rather than in your oven. It's a fun twist on baked goods, and they are also fun to make with kids!
What Do I Need To Make Chocolate Waffle Cookies?
For this recipe, you'll need:
- cocoa powder
How Do I Make Waffle Cookies?
- To Make the batter, add melted butter to a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and mix until well combined.
- Lightly beat your eggs and add to batter.
- Add vanilla, mix to combine.
- Pour in flour.
- Add cocoa powder. Mix until well combined.
How To "Bake" The Cookies
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray.
- Add one teaspoon of batter to your waffle iron, 2 inches apart.
- Close iron and cook for about 90 seconds.
- Transfer to a cooking rack and cool completely.
Pro Tip: Most waffle irons have a light that lets you know when the contents are cooked thru. This feature works perfectly for making this cookies.
What About The Frosting?
For the frosting you'll need:
- powdered sugar
How Do I Make The Frosting?
- Add butter to your mixing bowl.
- Pour in powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and start mixer.
- Slowly pour in milk until you reach desired consistency. You can make it thick, and spread it on top of the cookies like a cake frosting, of you can make it thinner and more of a glaze.
Pro Tip: If you want more of a thin glaze, omit the butter in the frosting.
I Love Baking! Do You Have Other Cookies Recipes?
few lot more fabulous cookie recipes check out our cookie page.
Can You Freeze Waffle Cookies?
Yes you can! Freeze before you frost them. When you're ready to serve, thaw on the counter and frost.
Don't Be Shy!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
Chocolate Waffle Cookies
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoon butter softened
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Using a hand or stand mixer combine butter and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add sugar, flour, cocoa, and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick spray.
- Drop batter by the teaspoon onto waffle iron about 2 inches apart.
- Close waffle iron and cooke for 1 to 1.5 minutes.
- Remove from iron and transfer to a cooling wrack. Let cook completely.
- Using a hand or stand mixer whip butter.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spread or pipe frosting on to cooled cookies.
- Store in an airtight container
Emily Kemp says
Yum, these look so delicious and a great idea!
Love these cookies