We have such a lovely giveaway and recipe for you today. We are giving away a GORGEOUS Arvo watch and we are sharing a decadent chocolate creme brûlée that is perfect for your special holiday dinner. Let me jab about this dessert for a bit – and then I’ll get back to the giveaway.
Creme Brûlée is my FAVORITE favorite favorite dessert. But I understand that there are some out there that really prefer a chocolate dessert. I have the perfect solution – chocolate creme brûlée. My husband and I first discovered this combo at a local restaurant – and honestly – I was unimpressed. It tasted like jello pudding with a sugar crust. I new I could do better. So I pulled out my vanilla creme brûlée recipe and made a few adjustments and this rich chocolate piece of heaven was born.
This is just my opinion – but if you wanted to show a special someone how much you care about them this holiday season…why not present them with chocolate creme brûlée followed by a present of an Arvo watch? You can’t get more joy filled than this combo!
I have been so impressed with Arvo. Their watches are simple, beautiful, and timeless. Not only are the a staple to your wardrobe, but Arvo gives a portion of their sales to charitable organizations and projects. So you can feel good about wearing this timepiece, because it is helping someone in need.
One of our lucky readers will win this Rose Time Sawyer watch with an espresso band. It is the perfect compliment to any wardrobe! If you’re searching for holiday gifts – look no further. Buy your loved one and Arvo watch and they are sure to be all smiles!
To enter to win this beautiful watch, and for the recipe for this delicious dessert – scroll to the bottom of this post. Happy eating and good luck!
If you wanted to show a special someone how much you care about them this holiday season...why not present them with chocolate creme brûlée!
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chopped
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar for topping
- berries and chocolate shavings for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan heat sugar, chocolate, and cocoa powder and bring to just a boil. Stir continuously so that chocolate incorporates into the cream.
- Remove from heat and let cook.
- Mean while in a stand mixer, using the whist attachment whisk eggs and sugar until they are pale yellow.
- with the whisk still moving slowly add the chocolate cream mixture. If you add it too fast it will cook the eggs, so add about 1/4 cup at a time whisking in-between each addition.
- Once incorporated divide between ramekins, so half pint mason jars. Place in a baking dish and fill the dish with hot water until the water reaches half way up the sides of the jars.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook for 1 hour.
- Transfer to the fridge and chill for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle sugar on the top of each and caramelize the sugar one of two ways. The first is to use a kitchen torch and in a circular motion melt sugar until it is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes. The second is to use your oven broiler. Broil on high for 8-10 minutes until sugar bubbles. Let cool for 15 minutes.