Vanilla cookies filled with white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and sprinkles. These cookies are tender, sweet, irresistible. Switch up the sprinkles depending on the season to make these birthday cake cookies an occasion year-round.
Why This Recipe Works
While there is no cake in these cookies, we have taken the flavors of birthday cake and inserted them into these cookies. Think vanilla and sprinkles, but we also had to throw in some chocolate just because. This recipe comes together quickly and even the greenest chef can bake these to perfection
About The Ingredients
- Milk Chocolate Chips - I chose milk chocolate for this recipe rather than the traditional semi-sweet because it gives it a little more sweetness and more of a birthday flavor.
- White Chocolate Chips - these add to that classic white cake flavor. Always choose a high quality chocolate chip.
- Sprinkles - You can use whatever color you want. I use the traditional rainbow sprinkles for every day, and swap them for holiday colored ones for special occasions.
A complete list of ingredient is located in the recipe card.
How to Make Birthday Cake Cookies
1. In a large mixing bowl, combing butter, oil, brown sugar, and white sugar.
2. Cream together until fluffy.
3. Add in eggs and vanilla.
4. Mix until creamy.
5. Add in flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Mix until well combined, scraping down sides in between mixing.
7. Add in chocolate chips. Stir in.
8. Add in sprinkles. Stir in.
9. Drop by the teaspoon onto an uncreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes. Do not overbake.
10. Transfer to a cooling rack.
A Seasonal Twist!
Often with these cookies, we add in seasonal sprinkles for a festive twist. It is so fun to have these cookies during holidays! Try adding in red and green at Christmas, or red white and blue at 4th of July!
For Halloween try candy eyes! When it comes to Halloween - try adding some candy eyes to your batter, they make them perfectly spooky!
Birthday Cake Cookie FAQ
Cookies last 3-5 days in an airtight container stored at room temperature.
These cookies freeze like a dream! After the cookies have cooled you can store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Cookies are moist from the addition of brown sugar. The molasses in brown sugar retains moisture in cookies.
- Make sure your butter and sugar are creamed well. You should beat them together with a hand or stand mixer for 2-3 minutes. The result will be a pale shade when complete.
- Baking soda can go bad. Make sure yours is fresh. I have fallen victim to a flat cookie on occasion when I have used baking soda that is past prime.
- This recipe is easily adapted for different holidays. I like to keep sprinkles on hand to make these for any occasion.
Birthday Cake Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¾ cu flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together butter, oil, and sugars. Beet for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda. Beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Drop by the teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 6-8 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Better underdone.