Detox water is fresh, crisp and so very satisfying! It's a great way to re-energize your water routine, or flush out over-eating holiday celebrations.
This is a very simple beverage that you can drink every day, or make a batch for the entire week. If you are looking for more delicious infused waters or water recipes try this Cranberry Mint Water or these Infused Waters.
What is Detox Water?
Detox water is water that has been infused with the flavors of vegetables, herbs and fresh fruits. It’s sometimes referred to as fruit-infused water or fruit-flavored water. Adding these fruits and veggies to the water sweetens and flavors the water without adding many calories.
Detox water or infused water is not the same as juicing or blending juice.
You can make detox water at home in many ways. You combine fruits, vegetables, and herbs that you like.
Health Benefits of infused water or detox water
Detox water is very popular in the world of fitness and health. Infused water does have a lot of benefits.
- Drinking more water helps your body regulate in so many ways! Drinking water that tastes good to you helps you to stay hydrated, improving metabolism.
- Drinking before eating jumpstarts your metabolism and suppresses your appetite.
- Benefits deepening on what fruit/veggies you add to your water: cucumber is an antioxidant helping detox, mint and fresh ginger stimulates digestion, Lemon is a natural diuretic: meaning it encourages the healthy elimination of water, lemon and lime also help encourage weight loss.
Ingredients for the best Detox Water Recipe
This flavor combination is AMAZING. You, of course, are welcome to add what you want. But try this combo.
How To Make Detox Water
Step One: is the most important step to take your time on. WASH your fruits and vegetables. There can be residue from the farm and processing. Since they will be soaking in water you do not want that soaking off in the drink you are making.
- Soak your veggies in a large bowl for a few minutes.
- Slice your cucumber
- Slice your lemons and limes- really any fruit or veggie that has a skin holding in nutrients.
- Take off stems from herbs
PRO-TIP: for extra beauty added to your drink use your peeler to make cucumber ribbons, and use celery leaves and stalk.
Fill Your Drink Dispenser
Now that you have prepared your fruits and vegetables you will be ready to fill your drink dispenser.
- If serving to a crowd add Ice, other wise you can store in fridge to keep chilled.
- Add in your fruits and vegetables to the container
- Pour in water (can use a filtered, or alkaline water)
- Stir together
You want the water to at LEAST sit for 30 minutes, it can sit up to over night for a really flavorful water.
f kept refrigerated it can last for about a week. After about 24 hours you may want to remove the vegetables from the water and just kept the water.
Yes! For the first 12 hours you can keep adding water to the fruit and vegetable combination. The flavors will not be as strong as the first couple batches. After 12-24 hours you can remove the old fruit and veggies and store the water in the fridge.
Party Planning Tips for Detox Water!
Serving lemon water or cucumber is really popular at parties. It's very nice to have a refreshing option for friends who don't care for a sugary drink.
- This water is BEAUTIFUL. Show it off by using a clear glass or plastic drink dispenser. (and remember cucumber ribbons!!)
- Use a Drink Dispenser- this will allow you to not refill often and allow the flavors to really merry together.
- Keep it chilled with good ice.
For a party I love to grab a bag of pebble ice from Sonic or Chick fil a (some gas stations sell it too!). If you want a chunkier ice, which will not melt as fast, then go for a filtered-water ice.
If you are serving for a party I like to fill it completely full of ice, veggies then water 30 minutes before serving.
Serving for a holiday? Try this!
Here are some really fun ideas:
- Christmas: fresh cranberries
- 4th of July or other patriotic holiday's : blueberries and strawberries or raspberries
- St. Patricks Day: add some green apples
More refreshing drink recipes?
Looking for more delicious refreshing drink recipes try these:
Keep In Touch!
If you tried this Veggie water or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
- 2-3 celery stalks
- ½ sliced cucumber
- small handful of fresh parsley leaves
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1 sliced lime
- 2 gallons of water
- crushed ice
- Fill large drink dispenser with ⅓ full of ice
- Wash all of your ingredients thoroughly before placing in container.
- Fill with water
- Once assembled, allow water to rest for at least ½ hour before serving to allow the flavors to mingle. The long it rests the stronger the flavor.