This Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe will be your new weeknight favorite! Made in minutes, this sweet and tangy chicken pairs perfectly with rice or potatoes, and a green veggie.
This post was developed in partnership with BRIANNAS. All opinions are my own.
What Is Honey Mustard Chicken?
Honey mustard chicken is just what it sounds like - it is chicken coated in a sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce. For this recipe we use a shortcut, by using salad dressing as the base.
What Do I Need To Make This Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe?
- chicken breasts
- BRIANNAS Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing
- brown sugar
- soy sauce
- steamed broccoli
- hot cooked rice, or mashed potatoes
Let's Chat BRIANNAS
We have been long time fans of BRIANNAS and have been incorporating their dressings into our recipes since the very beginning of our blog. Some posts like our Avocado and Lettuce Salad, Buffalo Chicken Nachos, and California Roll Sushi Bowl star their dressings. I remember when I was introduced to their Rich Poppyseed Dressing, I was converted for life. Their Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing is just right for this recipe because the combination of bright dijon mustard and sweet honey is the perfect companion to the flavors in this meal.
BRIANNAS began in Austin, Texas, where they made their dressings in small batches in a little family kitchen. They have grown to become a world-class brand and so many love their delicious dressings, myself included. Be sure to check out their store finder to know where you can pick up their Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing for this recipe.
How Do I Make It?
This is a perfect weeknight dinner because you're done in about 30 minutes! I love the simplicity, yet bold flavor this meal delivers.
- Set your pressure cooker to sauce and add oil.
- Once your oil is heated, brown both sides of chicken breasts. Work in batches.
- In a medium bowl combine honey mustard dressing, brown sugar, soy sauce, and water if your dressing is thick.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Pour sauce over brown chicken in your pressure cooker.
- Cook on poultry setting for 15 minutes, allowing a natural release.
- Remove chicken from the pot.
- Set pot to saute. Combine water and cornstarch - whisk into sauce and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve chicken over rice or mashed potatoes with additional sauce.
Pro Tip #1 If dressing is thick, add ¼ cup of water too thin.
Honey Mustard Chicken Q&A
I'm a Visual Person, Do You Have a Video Of How To Make This Recipe?
Yes - it is located in the recipes card.
What Brand Of Dressing Do You Recommend?
The base for this recipe is honey mustard salad dressing. I like BRIANNA'S Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing. I find it to be the perfect consistency and I love the flavor of the dressing.
What Type Of Pressure Cooker Do You Recommend?
I love my 6qt instant pot duo. I also own the power quick pot and love it as well. Both are well made and cook my food perfectly.
What Do I Serve With The Chicken?
I like to serve this mean with hot cooked rice, or mashed potatoes. My family prefers the rice a little more than the potatoes. I also always serve it with steamed broccoli.
I Love Pressure Cooker Meals! Do You Have Any Other Easy Meal Recommendations?
Yes! If you like this meal, you'll love our
We Want To Hear From You!
If you tried this honey mustard chicken recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 3-4 bonesless skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 cup BRIANNAS Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup water use only if dressing is thick
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes
- steamed broccoli
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and turn to saute setting.
- When oil is hot, brown both sides of chicken breasts.
- Turn off pressure cooker.
- In a medium bowl combine dressing, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Whisk until smooth. Pour over chicken.*If dressing is thick, add ¼ cup water to thin.
- Seal lid, set valve to seal, and use the manual setting to cook chicken for 15 minutes.
- Use a 20 minute natural release.
- Remove chicken from pressure cooker to rest.
- Set pressure cooker to sautee and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk together corn starch and water. Add to pressure cooker and whisk until sauce is thickened.
- Slice chicken. Serve over hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes and a side of broccoli.
- Top with additional sauce.
1. In a skillet, heat oil.
2. Sear both side of chicken breasts, set aside.
3. In a small bowl combine BRIANNAS dressing, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Whisk until smooth.
4. In a 5 qt slow cooker, spray crock with non stick spray. Place seared chicken breasts in crock, and cover with honey mustard mixture.
5. Cook on low for 6 hours.
6. Remove chicken and let rest.
7. Transfer remaining liquid to a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
8. In a small bowl whisk together corn starch and water. Add to saucepan and stir until thickened.
9. Slice chicken. Serve over hot cooked rice and a side of broccoli.
Top with additional sauce.
Erin V says
I am huuuuuge honey mustard fan but have yet to consume it in my own home?! Can't wait to try
Soni Christensen says
I'm making this for General Conference sunday dinner. So excited! It doesn't say, but should I cook this on high pressure or low pressure in my instant pot?
Use high pressure :)