When I was a newly wed, my husband emailed me a recipe titled “The Best Chicken You’ll Ever Eat”. It was a recipe for baked honey mustard chicken. Sadly, I turned my nose up at the recipe and never made it. I’ve since expanded my taste bud repertoire and enjoy a larger variety of flavors. That emailed recipe, that has been long lost, was my inspiration for this instant pot recipe.
BRIANNAS Dijon Honey Mustard
The base for this recipe is BRIANNAS Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing. I am no stranger to BRIANNAS salad dressings – their poppyseed dressing is hands down my favorite dressing of all time. This past spring I was able to meet them at Expo West and try some of their new flavors. I was blown away by how delicious they all were. So, when I was given the opportunity to partner with them I jumped at the chance. When I tasted this dressing I knew it was a perfect fit for the honey mustard chicken recipe that was still haunting me.
Instant Pot To The Rescue
I decided to make this recipe in my mini 3 qt Instant Pot because I knew it would make the chicken tender and I knew I could create a delicious sauce without dirtying another dish.
When I served up this meal to my husband, he devoured it and asked if there was any more sauce. That BRIANNAS dressing did not disappoint! He kept saying how good it was and ate until the bowl was empty. That’s always a good sign.
This is a perfect weeknight dinner because you’re done in about 30 minutes! I love the simplicity, yet bold flavor this meal delivers. For a step by step – check out my video below.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 3-4 bonesless skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 cup BRIANNAS honey mustard dressing
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- hot cooked rice
- steamed broccoli
In a pressure cooker, add oil and turn to sautee setting.
When oil is hot, brown both sides of chicken breasts.
Turn off pressure cooker.
In a medium bowl combine dressing, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Whisk until smooth. Pour over chicken.
Seal lid, set valve to seal, and use the manual setting to cook chicken for 15 minutes.
Use a 20 minute natural release.
Remove chicken from pressure cooker to rest.
Set pressure cooker to sautee and bring to a boil.
In a small bowl whisk together corn starch and water. Add to pressure cooker and whisk until sauce is thickened.
Slice chicken. Serve over hot cooked rice and a side of broccoli.
Top with additional sauce.
Alternately, you can cook chicken in a slow cooker. If using slower cooker method, use directions as follows:
1. In a skillet, heat oil.
2. Sear both side of chicken breasts, set aside.
3. In a small bowl combine BRIANNAS dressing, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Whisk until smooth.
4. In a 5 qt slow cooker, spray crock with non stick spray. Place seared chicken breasts in crock, and cover with honey mustard mixture.
5. Cook on low for 6 hours.
6. Remove chicken and let rest.
7. Transfer remaining liquid to a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
8. In a small bowl whisk together corn starch and water. Add to saucepan and stir until thickened.
9. Slice chicken. Serve over hot cooked rice and a side of broccoli.
Top with additional sauce.