How to make Beef and Broccoli
Pressure Cooker Instructions
Adding the broccoli
Serve over noodles or rice. I now have a 3 qt pressure cooker and love to use it for sides like this.I'll cook my rice while the meat is going and they'll all be done about the same time. A very quick, easy, healthy family dinner!
Beef and Broccoli
- 2 crowns of broccoli washed and cut
- 1 lb of steak thinly sliced or cubed
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 3 Tablespoon corn starch
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoon of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of cooking white wine or oyster sauce, or rice wine vinegar **
- 1 + cup water
- 1 small onion chopped OR 2 green onions chopped.
- In a pan brown the thinly sliced steak in hot oil. If you are using a REGULAR onion add now and brown with beef.
- While beef is browning, in a separate bowl add water, corn starch, bouillon and white wine/oyster sauce/rice wine vinegar.
- When Beef is just barely browned on both sides turn heat down and add soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar and your nice heaping spoonful of garlic. you can add two if you want.
- Bring heat a back up and add your water mixture (haha, that sounds pleasant).
- Stir till combined. bring to a bubbly simmer.
- Now add broccoli and green onions (if you chose green).
- Cook till broccoli is at desired tenderness. If sauce is a too thick for your liking mix in a couple tbps of water at a time till desired consistency.
- Serve over your preferred rice. maybe with a side of won-tons?!
PRESSURE COOKER DIRECTIONS
- On saute setting saute onion. Toss beef in cornstarch and brown with onions in instant pot until onions are softened and beef is browned- just a few minutes.
- While beef is browning, in a separate bowl add water, bouillon and white wine or rice wine vinegar.
- Add water, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, bullion to pressure cooker. Add ingredient from separate bowl too.
- Stir till combined.
- Seal pressure cooker, cook on manual/high for 12 minutes. Allow pressure cooker to slow/natural release.
- If choosing option to microwave broccoli do it now. In microwave steam chopped broccoli for 6 minutes. Remove access water.When pressure cooker is finished combine broccoli with beef and sauce.
If choosing to cook broccoli in pressure cooker add to pressure cooker, cook one minute and quick release.
- Serve over rice.