HOW TO MAKE SALSA VERDE CHICKEN
MAKING SALSA VERDE CHICKEN IN THE INSTANT POT
STEP TWO: Add your seasonings, onion and garlic.
STEP THREE: Cook your chicken on poultry setting, about 24-26 minutes. If your chicken breasts are frozen just add a few minutes.
DO I NATURAL RELEASE THE CHICKEN?
I always try to allow enough time in my cooking schedule to have time to natural release my meats. This helps ensure the meat is pull apart tender and shred-able. However, if you don have time to natural release and need to quick release the chicken it should be all the way cooked through. Just use a thermometer to double check.
STEP 4: SHRED CHICKEN
WHEN DO I ADD THE SOUR CREAM?
WHAT MEALS TO MAKE WITH INSTANT POT SALSA VERDE
- enchilada filling
- top on a taco salad
- taquito filling
Serve with these:
Keep in touch!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Salsa Verde Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa salsa verde
- ½ cup sour cream
Instant Pot Instructions
- In instant pot combine everything except sour cream in pot.
- Shred chicken and add sour cream, stirirng until combined.
- Cook on poultry setting, or high for 24-26 minutes. allow to natural release.
Crock Pot Instructions
- Combine everything except sour cream in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- When done shred chicken and add sour cream.
- Serve warm in burritos with grilled corn and rice, in taquitos, or quesadillas. I love it over a salad. This is a hard recipe to mess up. Feel free to add more or less of your favorite flavors. I tend to be heavy on the lemon and cumin because I just can't get enough of them!