HOW TO MAKE SALSA VERDE CHICKEN
MAKING SALSA VERDE CHICKEN IN THE INSTANT POT
STEP TWO: Add your seasonings, onion and garlic.
STEP THREE: Cook your chicken on poultry setting, about 24-26 minutes. If your chicken breasts are frozen just add a few minutes.
DO I NATURAL RELEASE THE CHICKEN?
I always try to allow enough time in my cooking schedule to have time to natural release my meats. This helps ensure the meat is pull apart tender and shred-able. However, if you don have time to natural release and need to quick release the chicken it should be all the way cooked through. Just use a thermometer to double check.
STEP 4: SHRED CHICKEN
WHEN DO I ADD THE SOUR CREAM?
WHAT MEALS TO MAKE WITH INSTANT POT SALSA VERDE
- enchilada filling
- top on a taco salad
- taquito filling
Serve with these:
Keep in touch!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Spice family dinner up with this easy instant pot/ crockpot recipe!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa salsa verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream
In instant pot combine everything except sour cream in pot.
Cook on poultry setting, or high for 24-26 minutes. allow to natural release.
Shred chicken and add sour cream, stirirng until combined.
Crock Pot Instructions
- 1. Combine everything except sour cream in crockpot.
- 2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- 3. When done shred chicken and add sour cream.
- Serve warm in burritos with grilled corn and rice, in taquitos, or quesadillas. I love it over a salad. This is a hard recipe to mess up. Feel free to add more or less of your favorite flavors. I tend to be heavy on the lemon and cumin because I just can't get enough of them!
PRESSURE COOKER: If salsa is really thick thin down with 1/2 cup of water to ensure there is enough liquid in pot for pressure.