Every fancy dinner or potluck needs a fruity side! This is the perfect addition. Cool, creamy, and sweet with fresh berries on top! Everyone from adults to the children love this raspberry jello salad.
How to make easy delicious layered raspberry layered salad
First you will need 2 large boxes of raspberry jello. You can use sugar-free jello or regular jello! Stir for 2 minutes 3 cups of boiling water.
After you have the jello dissolved add in the orange juice and ice until the ice is dissolved. Then divide the jello evenly into two separate bowls.
What do I serve jello in?
You can do multiple ways! if you are going to a pot luck or a causual family dinner use a large bowl or a 9x13 pan to make the raspberry jello salad and people can serve them selves.
OR you can do individual servings. I love to do this for small dinner parties. If you are serving them individually you will want to immediately remove jello from one bowl into the containers.
Add some fresh fruit and place in fridge to chill for 15 minutes! you want it a little more firm so when you later the next on top it won't fold into the first layer. (if you want to create multiple layers reserve some of this dark red jello for later)
PRO TIP: if serving the jello in individual servings keep them on a sheet cake pan while carrying them back and forth from the refrigerator,
How to create layered jello
Remember that second bowl!? Remove it from the fridge and add one cup of whipped cream or cool whip. Start by gently folding it in, then whisk until nice and smooth!
Add this creamy layer on top of the raspberry jello and fruit! if you reserved some of the dark jello you can alternate to create a layered effect!
Refrigerate until the jello is firm then top with all of your favorite berries and even a garnish of mint!
You want to serve this cold, so don't pull it out until you are ready to eat. You can totally make this ahead and store with lid or sedan wrap on top. Add berries right before serving.
I'm telling you no one can get enough of this stuff! It's THAT good!
Make this recipe? Have questions?
Please let me know if you make this layered raspberry jello salad? I love to hear from those who make my recipes. If you want to keep up with our newest recipes, make sure you follow is on Facebook and Instagram, and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
Cool Whipped Layered Jell-O
- 3 Cups Boiling Water
- 2 6 OZ Raspberry Jell-O's
- 2 Cups Cold Orange Juice
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or whipped cream
- 3 Cups Ice
- 1 cup raspberry or fruit cordinating with your jello
- Stir boiling water into the jello for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups ice with the Orange Juice. Stir until the ice melts.
- Pour ½ of the jello into a 9x13. Add fresh fruit if desired. Leave remainder in the bowl.
- Refrigerate both for 15 minutes.
- Stir whip cream into the jello in the bowl. Pour on top of the other layer.
- Can also add fruit to the bottom layer. Have fun with it!
For individual servings
- Stir boiling water into the jello for 2 minutes.Add 3 cups ice with the Orange Juice. Stir until the ice melts. Fill individual cups with jello- using only half of the jello liquid. refrigerate cups and bowl of remaining jello for 15 minutes. Stir whipping cream bowl with remaining half of jello and pour into cups. Depending on the size of your individual servings should make 8-12 servings.