When I was younger I would make coffee cake for my family often. Early in the morning I would wake up and start the baking process. I love it. I love that is a not too sweet muffin with the sugar crumble texture on top. As a busy mom I don’t have time in the morning to bake a cake so I converted the recipe to muffins. These coffee cake muffins are quick, easy and our family’s favorite!!
How to Make Coffee Cake Muffins
- Make the batter first. You use Bisquick as the foundation. I love this technique because it makes it come together so fast. Add an egg, milk and a little bit of sugar. We love to add fresh blueberries to the batter!
- Fill in the cupcake liners with the batter.
- Make the crumb topping. add dry ingredients then cut in (cut in means to use two knives and criss cut the butter into the ingredients) three tablespoons of butter. Top the muffins evenly with the crumb toppings making sure there is butter on each top. I center one little chunk of butter in the center if I can.
Bake for 15 minutes!
They’re ready! Hot fluffy coffee cake muffins! Make them and comment how they turned out!
If you tried these Coffee Cake Muffins or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Delicious, quick coffee cake muffins
- 2 cups bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries optional
- 1/4 cup bisquick
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 TBS cold butter
preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix bisquick, milk, egg and sugar until well combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Fill cupcakes half full with batter. they will rise quite a bit!
- In a separate bowl combine topping ingredients. Cut with pastry cutter or two knives until crumbly.
- Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes.
- Makes 12 standard muffins