Happy New Year! I wanted to start off my new year by taking a break from the sweets and eating lots of veggies. These zucchini noodles, that I like to call zoodles are the perfect solution. You get your noodle fix with non of the carbs!
I created my zucchini noodles using the KitchenAid 5 Blake Spiralizer with Peel, Core and Slice attachment for my KitchenAid Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer. This has been the funnest little gadget. You can core and peel apples, create shoestring fries, shred carrots – and so much more! If you want a tutorial on how to use this guy – head over to our Nom channel for our live video feed where I demonstrated how to make zoodles.
For this recipe I used 5 zucchini, 1/2 a head of napa cabbage, some fresh cilantro, and some green onions. Including all of these greens really lightened up the dish and made it fresh and vibrant. Notice my black knife? This baby has been my bff lately. It’s the KitchenAid Ceramic 5′ Santoku. It is the perfect size for dinner prep!
Making your Zoodles Pad Thai
Once your ingredients are prepped this dish comes together very fast! Add a few tablespoons of oil to your skillet (I’m using the KitchenAid Tri-Ply Copper 12′ Skillet) and cook your shrimp just until opaque. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add your zoodles and cabbage to the hot pan saute for about 2 minutes. Zucchini releases a lot of waters, so there is no need to add any. These zucchini noodles will soften up really quick. Push the noodles to the sides of the pan and crack 3 eggs into the center. Do a quick scramble and then toss with the zoodles until egg is set. Pour your prepared sauce into the pan and add the shrimp back in. Toss until sauce is warmed through. Remove the skillet from heat and add crushed peanuts, cilantro, and green onion. Serve Immediately.
This is the perfect lunch or quick dinner. It will satisfy your thai craving without all of the carbs!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 6 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 head of napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, lightly scrambled
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup of peanuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- juice from one lime
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook about 1 minute each side until opaque and pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add zucchini noodles, cabbage, and garlic to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Move cabbage and zucchini to the edges of pan.
- Add eggs to the center of pan and quick scramble until just set. Toss with zucchini and cabbage.
- Add shrimp sauce to the pan and toss to coat and heat through.
- Turn off heat and add cilantro, green onions, and peanuts. Serve immediately.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and whisk until combined.