The perfect combination of creamy cheese, salty crispy bacon, savory pepper and with the addition of the perfect flavor of a Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies. These Bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are the best little appetizers for you holiday parties!
This post is sponsored by Kroger, all recipes, opinions are our own.
INGREDIENTS FOR BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS
All these ingredients can be found at your local Kroger stores (We shop at Fred Meyer)! They make it easy and take the stress out of all your holiday shopping and party needs. You can find the lil' smokies in the fresh meat isle, next to the bacon and sausage. I found the Wright bacon and the Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies cocktail sausages right next to each other.
I love the addition of these Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies to the traditional jalapeno poppers! They are packed with seasonings and flavor that take the popper up to another level. Adding them also gives the popper a nice bite to them.
- 1 package Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies
- 6-8 large jalapeños
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- bacon- preferably not thick cut
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED JALAPEÑO POPPERS
CUTTING THE FOOD:
STEP 1: Take you jalapeños, cut them in half, then cut out the rinds and seeds. For a spicier jalapeno popper leave those in and just cut in half.
Step 2: half your Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies length wise.
Step 3: cut your bacon into about 3 inch strips. My bacon was quite long so I could cut them into thirds, but if yours is short then just do halves.
Step 4: Cream your cream cheese and cheddar cheese together.
HOW TO STUFF YOUR JALAPEÑOS
Begin by scooping the cream cheese mixture into the halved jalapeños. Cheese will bubble up so don't overfill.
Add half of a Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies on each half of a jalapeño.
WRAPPING YOUR JALAPEÑO IN BACON
TIPS for successfully wrapping your jalapeños in bacon:
- Use regular cut bacon- not thick cut. Thick cut takes longer to cook, which will soft or overcook/burn your smokies and pepper too much.
- Do not overlap bacon, use about a 3 inch piece of bacon.
- When wrapping stretch bacon slightly to help thin it out while covering more area of the jalapeno.
- Secure with a toothpick
BAKING YOUR BACON WRAPPED JALAPEÑO POPPERS
Place on a sheet pan lined with foil. Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees, or until the bacon is nice and crispy.
WHAT DO I SERVE THESE WITH?
Serve them with a cool creamy homemade ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing or even a creamy buffalo dip!
If you love jalapeno poppers check out this jalapeno popper dip to serve these with.
Keep In Touch!
If you tried this bacon wrapped jalapeno popper or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- sheet pan
- 6-8 large jalapenos
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6-8 Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies
- 3-4 slices bacon not thick cut
- Start by washing, and slicing your jalapenos in half length wise. For less heat seed and remove all rinds from instide the jalapeno.
- in a small bowl mix together shredded cheese and cream cheese. Spoon into halved jalapenos.
- slice lil' smokies in half lengthwise, and place one half on each cheese part of the jalapeno.
- cut your bacon pieces in half or thirds. Wrap around your jalapeno and secure with tooth pick.
- bake at 400 for about 25-30 minutes until bacon is crispy.