The best pressure cooker Seasoned Red Potatoes! Delicious, savory potatoes ready to eat in minutes. It's a family favorite and perfect side for any dinner. We're addicted to these pressure cooker seasoned red potatoes in our house. For several reasons-
- They're delicious.
- They are done SO FAST without heating up the whole kitchen.
Friends ask my all the time how I come up with content, recipes and ideas for our blog. This specific recipe ended up being one of those recipes that was invented by accident.
A side that goes with every meal
I love potatoes! In just about every way shape and form. I especially love them as a side for dinner. They are versatile and filling especially for my kids little bodies. My new favorite way to cook potatoes is in the instant pot. They cook up so quick, whereas the oven always takes close to an hour AND fills the kitchen with heat. So one day, while trying to decide how on earth to spice up my potatoes in the instant pot I threw in some seaonsings that sounded good together and BAM. Heaven on a potato.
How to make Pressure Cooker seasoned potatoes
- Start by washing your potatoes. You can use ANY kind of potato for this, be sure they are all uniformly chopped into large bite size pieces.
- Toss potatoes in seasonings. Knorrs tomato bouillon seasoning is really the key to this recipe. You can find it by the mexican spices and grocery isle. It is also on amazon if you are not able to find it in your area. I have it linked for you right here.
- If you dont have tomato bullion you can use chicken or vegetable- double the amount called for for 1 cup of water. So if the bottle calls for 1 cup water 1 TBS bullion use 2 TBS bullion 1 cup water.
- Optional- in pressure cooker saute potatoes in a little olive oil
- add water and a cook on high 5 minutes.
- QUICK RELEASE. This is important, unless you want mushy potatoes, make sure you quick release the pressure.
If you tried these Seasoned Red Potatoes or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Pressure Cooker Seasoned Red Potatoes
- 4-5 Cups Potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil/avocado oil
- 3 Tablespoon knorrs tomato bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoning salt
- ½ cup water
- Turn pressure cooker to saute setting. Heat up olive oil and add potatoes.
- Add seasonings and stir potatoes.
- Cook potatoes for a few minutes and then stir. Do this a few times until a good amount have browned,
- Add water and seal lid.
- Cook high 5 minutes.
- Quick release. Serve immediately with sour cream and chives.