Here's how to make the best sticky, fall off the bone Instant Pot Country style ribs. Instead of slaving hours slow roasting your ribs to get tender juicy ribs make them here in the instant pot in a fraction of the time.
*This recipe is for an electric pressure cooker. Not a stove-top pressure cooker*
WHAT ARE COUNTRY RIBS
These ribs are not the typical "rack of ribs" you might be thinking of. Country ribs are a different cut of ribs, they come from the shoulder of the ribs. You can purchase both bone-in and boneless country ribs. I highly recommend buying bone-in country ribs. Bone-in ribs cook to be more tender and flavorful. I love these ribs because they have more meat than a short rib and still coming out super tender and juicy.
What do I need to make Instant Pot Country Style Ribs?
For this recipes you will need
- pressure cooker, 6-8qts
- Bone-in country ribs- you can use boneless if bone-in is unavailable.
- smoked paprika- you can use regular but smoked gives it a nice grilled feel.
- your fav barbecue sauce!
- 1 cup water
How do I make instant pot country ribs
- sprinkle garlic salt and paprika on both sides of your
- Sear both sides of your ribs.
Why do I sear meat?
Searing is a technique to help seal in the juices of a meat. As a busy mom I honestly don't have time to do this step most days. So if you find yourself in that category don't sweat it. skip to the step of placing your ribs in the pressure cooker. But if you do have and extra 10 minutes then do it :)
Place your ribs in the pressure cooker
- If you are cooking a fair a mount (more than 4+) you will want to layer your ribs. Place a few down, dont over crowd them.
- Drizzle some your barbecue sauce over
- Layer another 4-6 ribs and repeat with the barbecue sauce
- add one cup of water to your instant pot
- cook your ribs on high pressure for 15-20 minutes, natural release.
- remove from liquid and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Coat once more with barbecue sauce. Brush it on so it is nice and coated.
- Broil for a few minutes to caramelize the bbq sauce making it nice and sticky.
Don't skip this last step!
While you can skip the searing you canNOT skip this step of broiling the ribs. It really is the frosting on the cake. It creates a sticky smokey outer layer that you would normally get after grilling or hours of roasting the ribs. Instead we have cut all that down under an hour.
You can marinate them in the spices and barbecue sauce. Keep Refrigerated and cook right before you need to serve.
Keep leftovers in an air tight container in your fridge for a week.
Yes! Broth is a great substitute for water It can help add flavor to your ribs.
What do I serve with instant pot country ribs?
These country ribs would pair perfectly with these nice and crispy Baked Dill Fries. You can never go wrong with seasoned potatoes.
Others Sides to Try!
These ribs are amazing with salads, veggies, potato salad you name it! Try some of these;
Let's be friends!
If you tried these Pressure Cooker Country Ribs or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Pressure Cooker Country Ribs
- Sprinkle both sides of ribs generously with garlic salt and smoked paprika.
- In avocado oil (or oil of your choice) sear ribs on both sides until you have a light brown crust.
- Layer ribs in instapot or pressure cooker, lightly coat ribs with BBQ sauce. Pour in water.
- Set digital pressure cooker on high for 20 min. allow to natural release.
- After done, place on cookie sheet lined with foil. Brush BBQ sauce over both sides of ribs. Place in oven at 450 for 15 minutes. If needed to make ribs a little crispier broil for another 5. (this will depend on how your oven cooks)