Ribs are a man’s best friends…but are they the cooks? Typically you have to boil ribs, slowly bake them for hours. Then smother them with BBQ sauce and grill them till they’re all nice and sticky. SO MUCH WORK. So how about we cut your rib time down by hours! This pressure cooker country ribs recipe is fall off the bone tender, smokey with a tangy sticky glaze you cannot get enough of.
I made this pressure cooker country ribs recipe for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and we have made it 1-2x a week ever since. we cannot get enough of it! I’m telling you! It’s fast, easy, and amazing.
Ingredients for Pressure cooker ribs
Pressure Cooker Country Ribs
These ribs are not the typical “rack of ribs” you might be thinking of. Country ribs are a different cut of ribs. If you are unsure about what you are looking for ask the butcher he can help out. You’ll want to get country ribs bone-in. They are cut from the end of the ribs or the sirloin. They are also the meatiest part of the ribs. You’re getting that same great texture you get from rib meat but more of it. Best bang for your buck if you ask me.
Can I pressure cook a rack of ribs?
YES! you can totally use this method to cook your favorite beef or pork rack of ribs!! It really works on all bone-in meat. You an see my tutorial of bone-in chicken here too. They come out completely moist and sticky tender.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT RIBS
1.To make these pressure cooker country ribs, You start by seasoning the ribs with garlic salt and smoked paprika, both sides.
2. Sear them in a little oil. (this step I sometimes skip… so if you are in a hurry its ok to skip to the next step)
3. Pop them in the pressure cooker on high.
4. When it naturally released pull them out on a cookie sheet, or sheet pan.
5. Slather with open pitt or your favorite tangy BBQ sauce and broil till nice and sticky.
Your (quite literally) perfect ribs will be done in about an hour. not 6. Every man will be kissing your feet after you’ve made this dish. Well, the whole family will be! Try making these cheesy potato fries and this salad to go with!
If you tried these Pressure Cooker Country Ribs or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Want perfect, sticky fall off the bone ribs in an hour? Popular Los Angeles foodie blog Oh So Delicioso features their Pressure Cooker Country Ribs on their blog today. These country ribs will be everyones favorite, click here now for the recipe!
- Sprinkle both sides of ribs generously with garlic salt and smoked paprika.
- In avocado oil (or oil of your choice) sear ribs on both sides until you have a light brown crust.
- Mix 1/2 cup bbq sauce and 1/2 cup water.
- Place ribs in instapot or pressure cooker. Pour BBQ sauce & water over.
- Set digital pressure cooker on high for 15 min. allow to natural release.
- After done, place on cookie sheet lined with foil. Brush BBQ sauce over both sides of ribs. Place in oven at 450 for 15 minutes. If needed to make ribs a little crispier broil for another 5. (this will depend on how your oven cooks)
You can use boneless country ribs, or a regular rack of ribs and cook them the same way. finish them off in the oven with another layer of bbq sauce and broil!