Crostini is one of my favorite appetizers. Classic bruschetta, mediterranean bruschetta, and now peach, ricotta, and basil crostini. Such an easy app to whip up, and hellooooo summer!
Homemade ricotta really makes the dish. You boil milk and cream, add lemon juice, and let it strain for a couple of hours. That's IT! Thick and creamy, fresh ricotta pairs perfectly on the buttered, grilled toasts!
Top with a juicy peach (or nectarine) slice, earthy basil, and a fruity balsamic glaze to tie all of the flavors together.
Peach, Ricotta, and Basil Crostini
Creamy and delicious homemade ricotta spread on toasted bread and topped with peaches, basil and balsamic, perfect for summer!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 20 crostini (roughly)
- 3 c whole milk
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 long baguette
- softened butter about 2 T
- 2 peaches or nectarines sliced into thin wedges
- 1 bunch basil chifonnade
- balsamic glaze
- Prepare ricotta by bringing the milk, cream, and salt slowly to a boil. Let simmer a minute, then turn off heat. Add lemon juice, stir, and let rest 15 minutes.
- Set up a cheesecloth over a strainer, and pour it over it, letting the curds and whey separate. Chill in refrigerator for a couple of hours, or until ricotta has reached desired level of thickness.
- Preheat grill over medium. Slice baguette slices, butter one side. Grill each baguette until warmed-through and slightly crisp with grill marks.
- Spread ricotta over grilled baguette slices, top with peach wedge, basil, and balsamic glaze. Set out on platter and serve immediately.
You can use high-quality store-bought ricotta in place of homemade if you're short on time.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 101mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 0.4mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @OhSoDelicioso or tag #ohsodelicioso!
Emily Kemp says
Wow I love that you made homemade ricotta I bet this is delicious!