The Boon Inc. Giveaway has ended! We would like to congratulate Leah Quinn!! you were our lucky winner. Please check your inbox from an email from Oh So Delicioso!!
Fruit is just so refreshing no matter what time of day you eat it, but especially so in the morning. It’s filling but not heavy, its sweet but with natural sweeteners, and its bursting with flavor (and vitamins)! Kadee’s fruit salsa is a huge favorite of mine. So for the bunch we thought having individual servings would be convenient for the kids, and the host at a brunch.
You can make your chips a few days ahead of time, and store in a bag, just like you would any other chip. Same with your fruit salsa. Make it the day before! Then before your guests arrive these chips can be plated, and even let stand for a an hour or so because they are thick and crunchy and have a protective sugar coating they won’t get soggy for quite a long time.
I like the homemade chips for a couple of reasons- you can make them larger for “individual” serving size. You can make them year round (whereas, as Kadee explains in her post its hard to find cinnamon sugar chips year round) and they are thicker to withstand the fruit resting on top for a few hours.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 flour tortilla's
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- whipped cream cheese
- 1 golden delicious apples, chopped pretty small
- 1/2 pint strawberries, cut into small pieces
- 1 kiwi, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 1/2 TBSP seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 TBSP white sugar
- Mix cinnamon sugar together in a small bowl
- Brush butter on one side of tortilla and generously sprinkle on cinnamon sugar mixture
- Cut into 6th's using a pizza cutter
- layer onto a cookie sheet in a single layer, cinnamon sugar side up
- Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes, until crispy.
- In a medium bowl I combine the jam and sugars. Stir until smooth.
- Chop all fruit and place in the bowl with your glaze. After all fruits are added gently fold the fruit into the glaze until it coats everything.
- To layer Fruit Nachos scoop a generous spoonful of cream cheese on middle of chip and top with fruit salsa
This post was done in collaboration with Small Fry, click to see their party ideas. All food by Oh So Delicioso.
Photography by Ashlee Raubach