Fall is here and so is pumpkin season! This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is the perfect combo of hearty pumpkin and sweet chocolate chips. Even the most green baker can whip up this easy recipe.
This post was sponsored by Real Salt. Although I am being compensated, all opinions are my own.
What is in Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread?
To make pumpkin chocolate chip bread you will need:
- vegetable oil
- canned pumpkin
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground allspice
- ground nutmeg
- ground cinnamon
- ground cloves
- chocolate chips
How Do I Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread?
Making this quick bread is very simple. It only requires and electric mixer.
- Start by creaming together your oil and sugar.
- Add In pumpkin and mix once more.
- Add in eggs and mix until well combined.
- Mix in your dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between two 9 inch loaf pans and bake.
Pro Tip: Mid-way thru baking, line the edges of the bread with foil to prevent burning.
The Importance of Salt in Baking
Have you ever wondered why there is salt in many baking recipes? Salt is an important step in baking, because it activates the baking soda – helping the batter rise as it bakes. So don’t skimp when a recipe calls for salt. I use Real Salt. It’s mined in the US and it is the perfect addition to both my savory and sweet recipes. I literally tell everyone about Real Salt, because it tastes better than any other salt I’ve used.
Pumpkin Fall Feels
When September 21st hits I am ready to break out my fall candles, sweaters, and eat all of the pumpkin spice. This pumpkin bread is always on my to-bake list, and so are pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin cake.
Share With A Friend
After you have baked this bread you can devour both loaves, or give one to a friend. I love a recipe with built in service included! I like my bread warm with a little butter – how about you?
Give Us Your Feedback
If you tried this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re up to!
Delicious. family favorite pumpkin chocolate chip bread
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
With a hand or stand mixer, mix 3 cups sugar, oil, pumpkin, water and 4 eggs until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder, baking soda nutmeg, all spice, cloves, cinnamon, 3 ½ cups flour, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray two 9 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray. Add 1/2 of the batter to each loaf pan
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
If edges become brown, cover with foil for last half of baking.