Creamy fluffy peanut buttery cookie with warm gooey chocolate in the middle- decorated just easy and perfect enough for a Halloween treat! This fun halloween cookie will be the new hit at your party. Simple and easy to make, witch hat cookies are delish!
WITCH HAT COOKIES USING PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
To make these easy witch hat cookies were making a few slight adjustments to decorating our tried and true fluffy peanut butter blossom cookie recipe. It's always a huge hit and so fast to whip up.
HOW TO MAKE WITCH HAT COOKIES
There are not a ton of ingredients (hallelujah!). All you need is:
- peanut butter
- sugar (brown and white)
- baking soda
- and Hershey kisses
- colored chocolate melts
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM COOKIE DOUGH
- Start by beating your butter. You do not want melted butter, cold butter us better.
- Add your peanut butter and beat together
- Add in your white and brown sugar
- beat all ingredients together
Next Add your egg, flour, baking soda and salt all while beating.
CHILL YOUR DOUGH
This dough does best when it is chilled. Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
ROLL INTO BALLS
Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and roll into balls.
PROTIP using the cookie scoop will keep the balls uniform so they cook evenly. Smaller cookies will look more like a hat with the Hershey kisses.
BAKE YOUR COOKIES
On a greased or parchment paper place your cookie dough balls. Bake for 7 minutes. When the timer goes off place one chocolate melt at the top of the cookie and insert back into the oven for another 60 seconds. Your chocolate melt should be nice and soft by this point.
HOW TO ADD YOUR CHOCOLATE HERSHEY KISS
Now that the colored chocolate melt has been melted take your unwrapped Hershey kiss and while slightly twisting press into the cookie. The colorful chocolate melt will look like a band around the witches hat. Add sprinkles or a small ball for added decorations.
HOW TO CURVE THE TOP OF YOUR WITCHES HAT
It is so fun and simple to create the cute, floppy hat look with the Hershey kiss. After you place the Hershey kiss into the warm cookie the Hershey kiss will also warm up and become soft. When the cookies are cooled the Hershey kiss will still be soft. This is the time to slightly press the tip of the Hershey kiss to the side.
If you push it while it is too warm the kiss will mush or stick to your finger. So make sure to wait until the cookie has cooled and the kiss has started to firm up again.
HOW TO STORE WITCH HAT COOKIES?
You can store leftover witch hat cookies in an air tight container like a plastic bag or container.
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER FUN HALLOWEEN FOODS TO MAKE?
Keep In Touch
If you tried these Witch Hat Cookies or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Witch Hat Cookies
- stand mixer or beaters
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 30 hershey kisses unwrapped
- 30 chocolate melts different colors
- Cream Butter and Peanut Butter together.
- Add White and Brown Sugar and stir.
- Add Egg stir.
- Add Baking Soda, Salt, and Flour and stir.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Make dough into ping pong size balls.
- Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. 1-2 minutes before removal add the chocolate melt to the top of the cookie. (do not press down, just lightly put in the middle of the top of the cookie)
- Add hershey kisses in the center right after they come out of the oven. As you are gently pressing down twist the hershey kiss into the chocolate melt so it folds around the bottom of the kiss. Remove immediately from hot cookie sheet.
These are so cute! I'm totally making these for halloween.
These are our new favorite cookie! so fun!!