Peanut butter blossom cookies are a classic cookie everyone knows and loves. Creamy peanut butter and a big ol’ chocolate Hershey kiss in the middle. It’s cookie every adult loves and reminds them of childhood. It’s a cookie every child is growing to love.
This peanut butter blossom cookie recipe comes from a previous contributor, Anna, of oh so. It’s her Grandma Eliason’s recipe and her dad’s favorite cookie. It’s such a special family recipe! It’s quite delicious.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
There are not a ton of ingredients (hallelujah!). All you need is:
- peanut butter
- sugar (brown and white)
- baking soda
- and Hershey kisses
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM COOKIE DOUGH
- Start by beating your butter. You do not want melted butter, cold butter us better.
- Add your peanut butter and beat together
- Add in your white and brown sugar
- beat all ingredients together
Next Add your egg, flour, baking soda and salt all while beating.
CHILL YOUR DOUGH
This dough does best when it is chilled. Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Baking Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Here are some tips to baking these cookies:
- Baking is touchy. If the butter consistancy isn’t right, your cookies can be too flat. Some of my butter tricks include keeping the butter refrigerated and beating it with my old school electric egg beaters (or you can use your KitchenAid). DO NOT melt the better. Also, once I’ve made the dough, I refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
- I only use KitchenAid or electric mixer for the butter. I switch to a spoon after that because I dont want to over mix. Over mixing can also make flat cookies. No Bueno.
I’m a big fan of Parchment Paper. It keeps my pans clean and the cookies also come off much easier. When the cookies come out of the oven, the pan is still hot, right? So I slide the parchment paper onto the counter so the cookies don’t keep semi cooking on that hot pan.
These peanut butter blossom cookies were such a fun cookie to get my kids involved. They loves rolling them into balls, unwrapping the hershey kisses (tip #3 buy a big bag of kisses :) they’ll sneak them all!) And then at the end their very favorite part was sinking that kiss down into the hot melty cookie.
Wait, ok, their favorite part is definitely EATING the cookie
A FUN TWIST ON PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
Check out this post on how to make these peanut butter blossoms with a holiday twist!!
Witch Hat Cookies
Keep In Touch
If you tried these Peanut Butter Blossoms or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
- 1/2 Cup Butter 1 stick
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Bup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 t. Baking Soda
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- Chocolate Chips
Cream Butter and Peanut Butter together
Add White and Brown Sugar and stir
Add Egg stir.
Add Baking Soda, Salt, and Flour and stir.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
Make dough into ping pong size balls.
Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
Add hershey kisses or chocolate chips in the center right after they come out of the oven. remove immediately from hot cookie sheet.