Peanut butter blossom cookies are a classic cookie everyone knows and loves. Creamy peanut butter and a big ol’ chocolate Hershey kiss in the middle. It’s cookie every adult loves and reminds them of childhood. It’s a cookie every child is growing to love.
This peanut butter blossom cookie recipe comes from a previous contributor, Anna, of oh so. It’s her Grandma Eliason’s recipe and her dad’s favorite cookie. It’s such a special family recipe! It’s quite delicious.
Baking Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Here are some tips to baking these cookies:
- Baking is touchy. If the butter consistancy isn’t right, your cookies can be too flat. Some of my butter tricks include keeping the butter refrigerated and beating it with my old school electric egg beaters (or you can use your KitchenAid). DO NOT melt the better. Also, once I’ve made the dough, I refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
- I only use KitchenAid or electric mixer for the butter. I switch to a spoon after that because I dont want to over mix. Over mixing can also make flat cookies. No Bueno.
I have to mention this beautiful chunky wool knit blanket. I’ve been obsessed with them for a while now and now that I have one it does not disappoint! Sarah from SarahLouCo is THE BEST and such great prices. My whole family is so obsessed with it, and it perfectly compliments these peanut butter blossom cookies dontcha think?
- 1/2 Cup Butter 1 stick
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Bup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 t. Baking Soda
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- Chocolate Chips
- Cream Butter and Peanut Butter together
- Add White and Brown Sugar and stir
- Add Egg stir.
- Add Baking Soda, Salt, and Flour and stir.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Make dough into ping pong size balls.
- Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
- Add hershey kisses or chocolate chips in the center right after they come out of the oven. remove immediately from hot cookie sheet.