Today were having an early celebration for FATHERS DAY!! We have a wonderful GIVEAWAY and a perfect meal for the man in your life…. Did you catch yesterday’s post with the Cilantro Lime Butter to pair with chicken kabobs? Today’s recipe is a perfect match deep flavor and steak. Either herb butter from today or yesterday will please your man, either of these recipes can be used on a either type of meat. And they don’t have to be kabobs either. Kabobs are really family friendly for several reasons (like the meat is already pre-cut! cook faster for those little impatient tummies) My kids were able to pull up a chair and skewer all of the kabobs. I love that. I want to involve them in making a meal for their father! For all the he does for us, there is never enough we can do for him!
I grabbed beautiful about 2 lb steak from my favorite grocery store. You can really use several different kinds of steak for kabobs. Get one that is reasonably sized and priced for your family. I look for a cut of meat with little fat and nice marbling throughout.
For the butter you’ll need some fresh herbs and room temp butter + blue cheese and garlic.
Make your butter first by combining all ingredients and roll with plastic wrap into a nice log. Place back into refrigerator to chill until hard.
Section off the steaks into large bite size pieces. You can add all kinds of veggies to the skewer, or just add purple onion like I did. Fire up the grill and when the steak is cooked to your preference and still smoking’ hot drop some of the blue cheese herb butter on it and watch the magic happen.
If you’re not a blue cheese fan, you can of course leave it out and keep it to an herb butter. It’s still packed with flavor!
You should also accompany this meal with
If you want to go all crazy make 2 butters for everyone to try! Click here for the Cilantro Lime Butter.
Do you love the items in this picture as much as we do!! We have paired up with these wonderful companies to GIVE AWAY them to a special reader. Simple Entry form at under recipe.
- Steak of your choosing
- salt and pepper
- purple onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 2 tsp parsley chopped
- 1 tsp thyme chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary chopped
- With room temperature butter mix all herbs, garlic and blue cheese together. (make sure all herbs and garlic are finely chopped)
- Roll into a log with plastic wrap and place back intro refrigerator until it is chilled until stiff.
- Cut steak into cubes. Thread onto skewers alternating onion and steak. Ending with an onion.
- Generously sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of skewers.
- pre-heat grill to high heat. When heated place skewers on. rotating every few minutes, depending on your desired doneness. If you like them well-done cook each side a little longer.
- Place butter on meat immediately after pulling off to ensure it melts and flavors infiltrate into meats and veggies.