GOODNESS. These lettuce wraps are SO GOOD. I am quite proud of myself for this recipe. I know that sounds pretty haughty- but just you see. You’ll eat one of those meatballs and you will die yourself. Have you ever tried Pei Wei’s Thai Lettuce wraps? They are quite amazing, I won’t deceive you into thinking that is what you will be getting here- but similar, maybe even better. The sauce is a little sweet, a little spicy, a little sour, a little savory and BURSTING with FRESH flavor!
Since Kadee posted about her Buffalo Chicken Meatballs I have been on a chicken meatball kick. I now keep ground chicken continually stocked in my fridge. You can pair it with so many different seasonings. I’ll throw them together with a teriyaki sauce, or turn them into more of a chicken parmsean and serve with spaghetti. Tons of possibilities.
I start by mixing the meat balls up and start them cooking. While they are cooking through over med-low heat I make the sauce and chop the fresh ingredients.
The cucumbers are a MUST. Their crunch and cool flavor against crunchy salty peanut and the heat from meatballs. It’s all too good to be true. Put these on your menu for this week and get cooking!
PS…. Zwilling Knives are AMAZING. They are the best to invest in. Every month we hold a giveaway over on our instagram, follow us over there to have a chance to win one!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- 1 heaping cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 lime
- 1 T hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce more if you like more heat
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 3 small garlic cloves mince
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- juice of one lime
- butter lettuce or your favorite lettuce
- salted peanuts
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime slices
- red bell pepper
- Combine meatball ingredients and gently mix together just until incorporated.
- Roll into bit size meatballs and cook on med heat, turning meatballs over until all sides are browned.
- In a separate bowl mix together sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs, cover in pan and let sauce simmer. Turning meatballs occasionally. I like to let them simmer on low heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- Julienne cut, or cut into long thin strips, the red bell pepper and cucumbers.
- Chop peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve meatballs in lettuce with cilantro, cucumbers, red bell peppers and fresh limes,