Classic pecan pie – flakey crust meets sweet vanilla filling and heart pecans. The perfect Thanksgiving dessert.
EVERY Thankgiving my husband asks for pecan pie. He comes from southern roots and loves ( LOVES) a good Peeee-can Pie. Or is it Pe-con Pie? Well either way, he loves it. I’ve tried making them all, the chocolate pecan pie, the “light karo-syrup” versions, the “dark karo-syrup” versions, the grocery store versions (wink wink) in the end he has decided that he loves the ol’ fashion (nothing crazy added in) Pecan Pie’s.
The Pie Crust
I like to make my own pie crusts. Why? Because they are easy (only a few ingredients that are probably already in your cupboard) and fast (like seriously 10 minutes top) and all that means they also save you money. Here is our famous pie crust recipe just click.
Roll your pie crust out and place in a 9 inch pan. You can crimp or do what you like with the edges. Sometimes I do a simple pattern with a fork. Other times I love to use the extra dough for braids or pie cutters to make fun decorative designs.
How to make pecan pie filling
1.Now that the crust is ready, were going to start by filling it with 2 cups of pecans.
2. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients as instructed in recipe card. Whisk them together for a couple of minutes to make sure all of the ingredients are all incorporated.
3. Then, simply pour in the filling on top the pecans inside your pie crust!
4. Finish off the crust with your favorite designs and bake!
5. Let it cool and the pecan pie will thicken. We love to serve it with fresh whipped topping.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you tried this pecan pie or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Easy and delicious pecan pie
- 2 cups pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark karo syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Prepare your 9 inch (or 8 would be ok too) pie by making pie crust or buying a pre made crust. (make sure it is thawed if from frozen section.)
- In a separate bowl lightly beat eggs, and add karl syrip, vanilla, sugar, cornstarch and slowly add butter.
- Add pecans to the pie crust then pour liquid over.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Then Turn oven to 350 for another 30 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.