Mud Pie. This is one of my favorite desserts. It was often requested as my birthday dessert when I was a kid and I love sharing this dessert with friends. This is my mom’s recipe and a true love of mine. I loooooooove the crust. I could just eat the crust. Trust me, you’ll understand after you make this!
This dessert is so simple to whip up and it is so delicious. I’ve made this time and time over for friends who just had babies and I always receive praises!
All you’ll need to whip up this little piece of heaven is a half gallon of ice cream (vanilla is my fav because I’m boring like that, but chocolate and mocha are delicious as well,) 1 package of oreos, a stick of butter, and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
How To Make Mud Pie
Start by setting your ice cream out on the counter for 45 minutes to an hour to soften.
Next add your oreo cookies to the food processor or your blendtec and pulse until they are the consistency of dirt. Melt your butter and stir it into the cookie crumbs. Press the mixture into the bottom of the cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top of the crust mixture. Smooth with a spatula. Next, spread your softened ice cream on top of the sweetened condensed layer and freeze overnight.
mmmm mmmm mmmmmmmm….
A perfect ending to those fading summer nights!
- 1 15.35 oz package Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 gallon ice cream - vanilla chocolate, or mocha
- Pulse oreo cookies in your blendtec or food processor until crumbled. Or - place in a ziplock bag and roll with a rolling pin.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Spray 9x13 cake pan with non-stick spray and press cookie mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top of cookie mixture and smooth with a spatula.
- Spread partially melted ice cream on top of sweetened condensed milk mixture and smooth with a spatula.
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve with hot fudge on top.