For many of you school has already begun, summer is unofficially over...but mother nature knows we still have lots of sunshine and warm days ahead of us. So today I want to share one of my FAVORITE treats as of late. Herbal iced tea. Specifically Cinnamon Chamomile tea with a splash of almond milk and a little stevia. So dang good. So refreshing. Such a nice change from the run of the mill soda or crystal light.
I'm gonna show you step by step how to make this beverage tha
t you from here on out are gonna crave every day. I like to use my Takeya Flash Chill® Tea Maker (2 Quarts, Blueberry) I love the tea infuser insert. It makes it easy and mess free. You can use loose, or bagged tea in it for the perfect brew. 1. Fill pitcher halfway with boiling water, add your tea and cinnamon sticks to the tea insert secure to the lid. 2. Secure the lid leaving room for steam to release. Wait 3-5 minutes. 3. Remove the tea insert from the lid and discard tea. Fill pitcher to the top with ice, replace lid and seal. Shake until ice is melted and tea is chilled.
4. In your favorite glass (I like these Contigo Shake and Go Tumbler, 20-Ounce, Clear ones) fill half way with ice.
5. Add a splash of almond milk.
6. Add sweetener of your choice. I like stevia - but sugar, honey, splenda...any sweet will work.
7. Fill the remainder of the glass with your freshly brewed, freshly chilled tea. 8. Stir or shake to combine. 9. Sit back, and sip away.
Mmmmm - this is seriously my favorite thing right now. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Iced Herbal Cinnamon Chamomile Tea
- 7 teaspoon loose chamomile tea or 7 chamomile tea bags
- 5 cinnamon sticks broken in half
- 1 quart boiling water
- 4-5 cups ice
- Almond Milk
- In a takeya flash brewing system add broken cinnamon sticks and tea to the tea infuser.
- Attached infuser to the lid.
- Pour boiling water into the pitcher, and lower infuser into the water. Seal the lid, leaving room for steam to escape.
- Brew for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the tea infuser from the lid and discard tea.
- Fill pitcher to the top with ice.
- Replace lid and seal. Shake until ice is melted and tea is chilled.
- In a glass add ice, splash of almond milk, and sweetener. Fill with brewed tea.
- Shake or stir to combine.
- Store remaining tea in the fridge.