Homemade fries are one of our favorite quick weeknight sides we turn too. Throw some delicious meat in the instant pot and bake up some fries. We love all varieties like these cheesy potato fries and sweet potato fries. However, these garlic parmesan fries often take the cake!
How to make garlic parmesan fries
Here are some tips to making garlic parmesan fries
- POTATOES: Leave the skin on the potatoes for extra crispiness. Also choose potatoes that are shorter they make the perfect fry length.
- GARLIC: Use REAL garlic. Not the minced kind from the bottle. Legit garlic cloves always.
- PARMESAN CHEESE: You can use whatever you have on hand. I prefer the powder parmesan cheese because it creates a nice crust, but the shredded will also create a crustiness too, it is just harder to coat with it.
Baking Garlic Fries
The key to baking crispy fries is
- OIL: Make sure they are well coated!! I also prefer to use thinner oils like vegetable oil for these. It really crisps them up!
- FLIP: Half way through flip them over. Stir them up. Get that oil and all the sides nice and hot and toasty.
PARCHMENT PAPER: I Prefer parchment paper over foil when baking any fries. It doesn't rip like foil or get sticky. They stay operate from their baking tray and crisp up perfectly!
When they are fresh out of the even toss them in fresh parsley and some salty feta. seriously my mouth is watering typing this...
Serve immediately while still hot!! I promise these will be a favorite for the whole party!
Garlic Parmesan Fries
- 5-6 med potatoes
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese powder is preferred
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon feta cheese
- Cup potatoes into thick fries.
- In a bowl add fries, garlic, salt, parm cheese and oil. Toss until well coated.
- In sheet cake pan line with parchment paper. Lay fries out in single layer.
- Bake 425 for 15 minutes. Flip fries and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Immediately out of the oven toss with fresh parsley and top with feta cheese. Serve!
Delicious! love the salty cheese addition.
elizabeth picone says
I don't see any Parmesan in the recipe. Did I miss something?
Sorry Elizabeth!! I specifically remember putting it in! It's updated, must have been a technical issue :) Thanks for letting me know.