EVERY Thankgiving my husband asks for Pecan pie. He comes from southern roots and loves ( LOVES) a good Peeee-can Pie. Or is it Pe-con Pie? Well either way, he loves it. I’ve tried making them all, the chocolate, the “light karo-syrup” versions, the “dark karo-syrup” versions, the grocery store versions (wink wink) in the end he has decided that he loves the ol’ fashion (nothing crazy added in) Pecan Pie’s.
So here it goes.
I like to make my own pie crusts. Why? Because they are easy (only a few ingredients that are probably already in your cupboard) and fast (like seriously 10 minutes top) and all that means they also save you money. Here is our famous pie crust recipe just click.
Roll your pie crust out and place in a 9 inch pan. You can crimp or do what you like with the edges…I used a fork to make a pattern similar to a pecan on the tops.
Layer your pecans in the pie crust, whisk your other ingredients together and pour on the pecans. As the pie bakes the pecans will rise to the top.
We, of course, like a little whipped cream topping!
- 2 cups pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark karo syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Prepare your 9 inch (or 8 would be ok too) pie by making pie crust or buying a pre made crust. (make sure it is thawed if from frozen section.)
- In a separate bowl lightly beat eggs, and add karl syrip, vanilla, sugar, cornstarch and slowly add butter.
- Add pecans to the pie crust then pour liquid over.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Then Turn oven to 350 for another 30 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.