All I can say about this salad is COME ON!!! This is so good that you won’t even believe it!!!
First lets talk about the dressing. A fresh basil vinaigrette that is BURSTING with freshness. I whipped this up in my blender and boy was it the finishing touch to this salad. It added a clean, herbal tang – that you just CAN’T get from a store bought dressing.
I grilled my peaches for a little char and richness of flavor. It only took a few minutes and added just the depth of flavor I was after. I love a little crunch to my salad, so pecans it was! A few dried cranberries and some creamy goat cheese finished it off for a combo of flavor and textures that screams summertime bbq.
This side is the perfect compliment to a grilled meat – or add grilled chicken for a complete meal!
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 peaches, sliced and grilled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, peaches, pecans, cranberries, and goat cheese.
- In a blender combine basil, honey, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Serve dressing on the side of salad.