Halloween is my verrrrrrry favorite holiday!!! I love the decorations, the costumes, and the food! Today I want to share a treat that whipped up for our little Halloween Party. I call it Candy Corn Popcorn – but really it is a twist on our Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe. Find the recipe HERE, or check out the Halloween version below.
Candy Corn, Love It Or Hate It
In all reality, I hate candy corn. There are candy corn lovers, and there are candy corn haters. I fall into that hate category. Like I mentioned, this is a twist on our marshmallow popcorn, but if you want to throw in a few candy corn while mixing this up, feel free. I will, however, refrain.
I just split the melted marshmallow mixture into thirds, leave one as is, add a few drops of yellow to the next, and a few drops of orange to the last. Mix them with your popcorn, also separated into thirds, and then layer them in a glass bowl to mimic the colors of a candy corn. Such an easy fun treat! Pair this with some Caramel Apples and some Candy Corn Fruit Pizza and you will have a party.
While we are on the topic Halloween, I want to share a printable with you! A FREE printable that is! Print this baby up, frame it, and put it out for display. Perfect in your kitchen!
Download yours for FREE
(or just click on the image above)
If you want some more tips on Halloween food – check out an older post of mine where I talk about lots and lots of Halloween Food.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup karo syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 bags microwave popcorn
- orange and yellow food coloring
- Boil butter, sugar, and karo syrup for about 1 min*.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Remove from heat. & melt in mini-marshmallows.
- Divide into thirds.
- Leave one as is.
- In the second batch at 3-4 drops yellow food coloring and stir until color is eveningly distributed.
- In the 3rd bath add 2 drops orange food coloring and stir until evenly distributed.
- Divide microwave popcorn into thirds and stir in reserved marshmellow glaze.
- Layer in a glass bowl - orange on bottle, yellow in the middle, and white on top.
* The longer the sugars are boiled the harder or crunchier the popcorn coating will get. I like mine a little gooey!