Anyone else super addicted to the giant size dried mango Costco sells? It’s so delicious! Right now mangoes are in season and lookin’ all beautiful. There is no reason you should go buy a big expensive bag of mangeos when you can make your own and they are only .30 cents a mango.
Dehydrating mangoes are super easy! Here are a few tips to drying your own mangoes…
1. Let your mango’s ripen almost till you think they are about to go bad, but don’t let them go bad!! they will be ultra sweet at this point.
2. I highly recommend lightly dipping your mango slices in powder sugar before you dehydrate them. (of course you don’t have to) It does make it a tiny bit sweeter, but it really brings out the flavor of the mango more than anything.
3. To cut a mango slice around the pit, so its in nice big quarters. Take a spoon and scoop out the nice, soft, tender mango. It should slide right now because it perfectly ripe. From there slice it up.
4. You will want to lay it on parchment paper, a silpat or your fruit leather insert. I sprayed a little cooking oil on my specific fruit leather sheet because mine gets extra sticky. But you wont need to do this with a silpat…
5. Dry for about 5 hours, flip and dry again. It’ll be ready to eat, or store in an air tight container.
A healthy and delicious fruit snack made with only 2 ingredients
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- Allow mangos to ripen till soft,
- Cut in quarters around the pit.
- Using a large spoon scoop the meat of the mango away from the peel.
- slice mango, and light dip each side in powder sugar.
- Place mango slices on fruit leather tray, silpat or parchment paper. (depending on your fruit leather liner you may need to spray with cooking spray)
- Bake on ovens lowest temp, or on your deydrators "medium" setting for 5 hours. Flip fruit and dry until no long sticky.