What Do I Need To Make This Italian Chopped Salad?
- iceberg lettuce (tips for the perfect way to chop your lettuce below)
- fresh basil
- kalamata olive
- shredded mozarella cheese
How Do I Chop A Head Of Iceberg Lettuce?
- Rinse your head of lettuce and remove the outer leaves.
- Locate the core of the head of lettuce.
- Press the core firmly onto your cutting board or table. It should break right off.
- Discard the core.
- Cut your head of lettuce in half.
- Make long slices about 1/2 inch wide, all the way across the halved head of lettuce.
- Rotate your board, and cut 1/2 inch long slices the other direction.
- You’ll be left with a perfect chop of iceberg.
Pro Tip: Use a sharp chef’s knife for easy chopping.
Let’s Talk About The Dressing
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Making Dressings In The Blender
Don’t Be Shy!
If you tried this Italian Chopped Salad or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Crisp iceberg, spicy pepperoni, fresh basil, salty kalamata, and creamy mozzarella come together in this Italian Chopped Salad Recipe. This is a copycat of the classic Sammy's Woodfired original. Make this salad up in under 20 minutes, and skip the restaurant.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 oz pepperoni slices cut in half
- 1/4 cup mozarella cheese shredded
- 1/8 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 3 basil leaves sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
Layer iceberg lettuce, pepperoni, cheese, olives, and basil in a large bowl.
Toss with dressing.
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Blend until smooth.