Fluffy cauliflower rice smothered in a tangy lemon pesto, and rounded off with the sweetness of peas. Made in minutes, this Lemon Pesto Cauliflower Rice Recipe will be your new go-to side dish.
What is Cauliflower Rice?
It's light and fluffy, like couscous. It's also tender and has just the right amount of chew, like rice. No, it doesn't taste like rice, but it does taste like whatever you make it taste like, is a vegetable, and a great gluten-free side dish that fills you up just the same! We've added lemon pesto, that is bursting with yummy, spring flavor and the peas break up the texture to punch in some variety. Seriously so easy and tasty!
A fun dish to serve with cauliflower rice is Instant Pot Corned Beef!
What Do I Need To Make This Lemon Pesto Cauliflower Rice Recipe?
You'll need to add the following to your grocery list:
- pine nuts
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- frozen cauliflower rice
- frozen peas
How Do You Make It?
Pro Tip: I like to make my pesto in my Blendtec twister jar. You can alternately make it in a food processor or other high power blender.
- Combine olive oil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, and basil in your blender jar or food processor.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Blend to desired consistency. I like mine on the smoother side.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice. Cook until heated thru and fluffy.
- Pour in pesto. Toss to combine.
- Add in frozen peas.
- Toss to combine and cook until peas and heated thru.
Is Cauliflower Rice Good For You?
Cauliflower itself is very healthy, so Cauliflower rice also is. It is a high-fiber, low-carb alternative to real rice that's also packed with a number of antioxidants and vitamins - it contains almost as much vitamin C as oranges. Cauliflower is arguably the greatest low-carb vegetable ever. It's extremely versatile, and has only 4% carbs making it great for ketogenic cooking. Cauliflower has a similar texture to potatoes, but without all the carbs.
I Love Healthy Side Dishes! Do You Have Other Recipes?
We sure do! Check out our:
For another fun cauliflower dish, be sure to check out this delicious chicken cauliflower rice soup.
How Long Does Lemon Pesto Cauliflower Rice Recipe Last?
You can store it in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat it in the microwave.
Can I Make My Own Cauliflower Rice Rather Than Using Frozen?
Yes. I like to use frozen for the convenience, but making your own is easy!
- Cut the cauliflower into large pieces.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor or blender. Don't fill the food processor more than ¾ full; if necessary, process in two batches.
- Pulse the cauliflower until completely broken down.
- Warm a tablespoon of olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice. Stir in the cauliflower rice and sprinkle with a little salt. Cover the skillet and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until the cauliflower rice is as tender as you like.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you tried this bacon Lemon Pesto Cauliflower Rice recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Lemon Pesto Cauliflower Rice
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅛ cup pinenuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8.5 ounces frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Prepare pesto by blending basil, garlic, parmesan, pinenuts, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in food processor until it resembles a paste. Blend in ⅛ cup olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in frying pan over medium heat, add in cauliflower. Cook, stirring frequently until cauliflower has lost some of its moisture and is fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Fold in peas and pesto with cauliflower to heat.
- Serve immediately.
Erin V says
love love love love love consistency of cauliflower rice!