Fresh, bright, light…oh so yummy. That’s how I would describe this lemon herb tilapia dinner. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – if you aren’t a seafood fan you need to try tilapia. It is so mild and so easy to prepare. You’ll be converted!
Simple But Delicious
The ingredients are so simple. Here’s the basics:
A Quick Meal!
I started out this recipe with a shallot, some dills, some parsley, and some garlic. Next, I seasoned my tilapia with salt and pepper and then coated it in flour. I cooked it in a skillet with a little olive oil and then removed it and let it rest on a pan. Then, I added a little more oil to my pan and did a quick saute of my shallot and garlic. To finish, I added some chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and my herbs to the pan. I finished it off with a little tab of butter and then added my tilapia back to the pan and heated thru.
I served it up with some brown rice and broccoli – I was sure to spoon the pan sauce on top of my fish, rice, and broccoli – and then I devoured it. From start to finish this dish took me about 15 minutes. You really can’t beat that for a fast, healthy lunch or dinner!
Shop this post:
Lemon herb tilapia is a bright, fresh, and quick dinner. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dill minced
- 1 tbsp parsley minced
- juice from one lemon
- zest from one lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
- Season tilapia filets with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat filets with flour.
- Cook filets in olive oil, about 4 minutes each side until it is flakey.
- Remove from pan and let rest on a plate.
- Add another tbsp of oil to the pan and do a quick saute of the garlic and shallot - this should only take about 30 seconds until they are fragrant.
- Add broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, and parsley to the pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter.
- Return tilapia to the pan and heat thru.
- Serve with brown rice.