The warmer months are here and it is time to get out your grill. This american Lamb chop- tender and warm with it;s herb and savory flavors, is the perfect meat to grill! This Grilled Lamb Chop Recipe is going to be the biggest hit!
This post is sponsored by The American Lamb Board. Recipe is our own.
WHY SHOULD I GRILL LAMB?
Lamb is a nice and tender meat, and when you pair it with the fast heat of the grill creating a nice salty savory crust and perfect juicy inside it really cannot be beat. Marinate it a few hours in herbs and garlic and the flavor + texture is out of this world.
WHAT CUT OF LAMB DO I BUY?
For this recipe I prefer a larger lamb shoulder chop, and bone in.
MARINATE YOUR LAMB
Marinating your meat is more than adding flavor and spice- it also tenderizes it. The acid in lemon juice breaks down the meat so when you bite into it it is super tender. The oil helps keep juices in. The Garlic and herbs add tons of flavor to every bite.
WHAT DO I MARINATE MY LAMB IN
- OLIVE OIL
MAKE YOUR CHIMICHURRI FOR THE GRILLED LAMB RECIPE
Chop up your herbs and ingredients and place them in a bowl to merry.
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lemon juice
- sea salt
- olive oil
GRILL YOUR LAMB
Now that the lamb has marinated (for at least an hour) it's time to grill. Preheat your grill too high. When hot, place your lamb on the grill for about 5-8minutes. Flip and cook for another 5-8 minutes. You want nice grill lines and crust formed on the lamb. Double check the internal temp of the lamb. When it is just about 145 remove from the grill.
LET YOUR LAMB REST FOR AT LEAST 3-20 MINUTES
As your lamb rests for about 20 minutes after it reaches 145 degrees- it will continue to cook for a few minutes. By allowing the lamb to rest, the moisture is reabsorbed and your meat will be tender and juicy.
ADD YOUR CHIMICHURRI AS THE LAMB RESTS
While the lamb is still hot add a good helping of chimichurri. The herbs and garlic will infuse into the meat.
After the lamb rests slice and serve!
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH GRILLED LAMB?
Some delicious sides to serve with this grilled lamb chop recipe are
CAN I MAKE THIS AHEAD?
You can marinate the lamb ahead of time and make the chimichurri, but don't grill until you are ready to serve.
LET'S BE FRIENDS!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to.
Grilled Lamb Chop Recipe
- 1 pound American lamb chop bone-in
- 1-2 garlic chopped
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 buches flat-leaf parsley stems removed and leaves chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- in a bag or dishadd you lamb and all marinade ingredients. Cover lamb chop completely and let rest for 30+ minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Place Lamb on grill for 5-8 minutes ("until it has nice grill lines and crispy crust) flip and cook again for 5-8 minutes. Remove from grill and test internal temp. Lamb should be 145 degrees. Cover lamb with ½ the chimichurri and let rest for 20 minutes.
- chop parsley and garlic until fine. Place all ingredients in a bowl and let rest. When Lamb is off the grill cover with half the chimichurri. reserve the other half for dipping pita bread, vegetables etc in.