Burgers and Fries, Fries and burgers. They go together perfectly! However, I don’t know about you but perfect diner fries aren’t easily done at home…besides they will make your house smell staanky. (and common, do I have to tell you they aren’t the healthiest? ) so beside these Cheesy Potato Fries, I like to make a Grilled Potato Salad as a side to my grilled meat.
Toss together herbs, grilled onions, bacon with smokey hot potatoes and its a huge crowd pleaser.
2. Use a oiled paper towel and brush the grate
Prepare potatoes as instructed below, then
Grill on both sides until heated with nice char grill marks. Toss with Dressing and wa-la. so yummy.
I served it along side some blue cheese burgers, and we ended up mixing dipping the potatoes in the Blue Cheese Sauce. It was SO GOOD. I highly recommend making the Blue Cheese Dressing as a side to your grilling night. seriously folks.
- 1.5 lb fingerling potatoes (or about 14 potatoes)
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 packet of ranch seasonings
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 5 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 TBS red wine vinegar
- 2 TBS + 1/2 tsp sea salt
- a few grinds of fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup olive oil, bacon, ranch seasoning, vinegar and 1/2 tsp salt.
- In a large pan fill with water, potatoes and 2 TBS of salt. Bring to boil and let boil for 5-7 minutes. Just till they are tender. You don't want them very soft, because they will fall apart when cooking on grill.
- Allow potatoes to cool for a minute and then cut lengthwise.
- Using a pastry brush, brush 1 TBS olive oil on both sides of potatoes
- Heat grill to high heat, and clean grate.
- Brush grate with olive oil using a brush or paper towel soaked with oil
- Place potatoes and sliced onions on grill and allow to cook until charred. about 3-5 minutes.
- Take off heat and toss dressing, potatoes and onions together.