Mmmm...lunch. It can be my favorite or the thing I dread. This year I've been trying to share some adult lunch ideas with you all. I've been careful to make them quick and easy, but tasty as well.
The other day I made Desi's creamy chicken tacos for dinner - they have become a favorite around our house. And I had a thought that I could spin that meal into a quick lunch.
So, the next Sunday I whipped these up and served them to me and my husband while my little ones had plain cheese quesadillas. We both loved them! My husband described them as restaurant quality and asked if I'd make them again.
I have found that at lunch time I can cook up some chicken on my George Foreman in about 3 minutes. But prepping your chicken beforehand would make this meal even faster. This would also be a great meal to take to the office and heat up.
The combination of the seasoned chicken, the creamy jack cheese, the spicy chipotle sauce, and the fresh tomato is pretty much amazing. Treat yourself well at lunch!
Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 chicken breasts
- ⅛ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of ground chipotle pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded jack cheese
- ¼ to mato diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- chipotle sauce recipe below
- ½ cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers
- Combine seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, and ground chipotle pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly between chicken breasts, front and back.
- Grill chicken breasts until juices run clean. I use a George Foreman Grill.
- Dice cooked chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the cheese onto one tortilla. Evenly spread 1 diced chicken breast, ½ of the tomato, and ½ of the cilantro on top of cheese. Layer another ¼ of the cheese. Top with an additional tortilla.
- Place in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and then carefully flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from pan and cut into 4 slices.
- Drizzle chipotle sauce and desired garnishes on top. Serve with additional chipotle dipping sauce.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and stir until combined.
I love all your taco and quesadilla recipes. They look so delicious and easy.