I stumbled upon this recipe one day after I peared into the fridge to find something for lunch. There was a small container of leftover rice from the previous nights dinner, so I decided that I would whip up a quick fried rice. It was delish! A few nights later I turned that idea into a dinner by adding chicken. My husband went nuts over it and went back for more and more and more.
This is a great way to turn a tiny bit of rice into a great big meal! It's fast, it's easy and I promise you won't be disappointed.
First take one chicken breast and season it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add about a teaspoon of sesame oil to your skillet and heat over a medium flame. Cook chicken until cooked through and remove.
Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Next add in a cup of frozen carrots and peas.
Move your veggies to the edge of your skillet and crack one egg into the middle. Quickly scramble to egg and stir into the veggies.
Next add your leftover rice. Of course you can make it fresh, but leftover is much much easier. :)
Add some soy sauce and onion powder to moisten the rice and flavor the the dish. Lastly cut your chicken into bite sized pieces and stir in to the rice mixture. Dinner done. Fast.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 chicken breast
- garlic powder
- sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ to 2 cups leftover white rice or fresh made - both work
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Season chicken breast with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat one teaspoon of sesame oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic to the pan, if needed add more oil. Cook until fragrant.
- Add frozen peas and carrots and cook until tender. Move to the edge of the pan.
- In the center of the pan crack 1 egg and quickly scramble. Stir together with the veggies.
- Add rice, soy sauce, and onion powder. Feel free to add less or more soy sauce depending on how wet you prefer your rice. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.