How to make Broccoli Cheese Soup
It’s really the easiest soup to make~ It’s creamy and perfectly cheesy.
- Start by melting the butter and mixing in the flour. Let it bubble for a few minutes while stirring.
- Slowly add in the broth and bring it up to a boil.
- Add in the cheese and let it melt into the creamy soup.
Vegetable Cheese Soup
You can make this just as a broccoli cheese soup or add in many veggies! Here is how you do it!
- When I add in a few extra favorite veggies– like a potato,carrots I like to add them at the stage with the melting butter. These veggies are more firm and take a lot longer to cook than the broccoli.
- Add the broccoli after you have added the cheese and it has melted through. The soup will be near boiling and will cook the broccoli in about 10-15 minutes. If you add it before this point the broccoli will become too mushy.
This broccoli cheese soup is the perfect comfort food! We love it all through out the year, especially on the gloomy rainy days. Our bellies really start craving it.
Try this easy yummy french bread.
Creamy, delicious cheese soup.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2-3 cup broccoli
- 1 15 oz jar of cheese whiz
- 1-2 large carrots
- 1 large potato
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 T salt
- 6 cups broth
Chop all veggies into small bite size pieces.
In a large pan slowly melt butter with potato, onion and carrot. Sauté for a few minutes, do not let the butter brown. Slowly stir in flour and let bubble for another few minutes.
While whisking slowly pour in broth. Let broth come to a boil and turn down. Slowly spoon in cheese and let melt.
Add in broccoli and stir. Cover- stirring occasionally- allowing broccoli and other veggies to continue to cook. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve as soon as veggies are al dente.
Remove from heat and serve immediatly.